Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Very useful tool ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Very useful tool ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post

Anymore, you have to be discerning in looking at new threads. This site has become a depository for new posters selling stuff (I'm guilty of that ocassionally myself btw). I find that interesting. It's become the Craigslist of used components.

Good point, i've found for sale ads in some relatively odd places...

t

Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

I've also noticed that there is a growing proliferation of posters selling services and retail sales, cleverly disguised into threads, which I tend to remind the poster that to advertise on here (other than used stuff), requires you to be a paid advertiser.

I advise them and report the post to Len... Usually, the whole thread vanishes in a short time....

No one reads the 'users agreement'. It's entirely optional.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I know I shouldn't think like that. But it's been in my system for quite a while.

Surprisingly enough, I feel pretty darn good!

t
Go out and get some trigger time, it'll make you feel even better

And when you go take some water jugs, that should really lift your spirits

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Good point, i've found for sale ads in some relatively odd places...

t

There is an ongoing rifle transaction being conducted for the last 2 days in the Hunting forum as we type. Nothing against the individuals or their transaction, but I'm thinking this could be handled by PM, email and/or phone

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

I keep considering if I should list my MG42 Sub Gun for sale. It's so darn expensive to shoot (1200-1500 rounds per minute, 8mm Mauser belt fed) that I can't afford to shoot it often.

It's legal to sell (so long as the buyer has the proper BATFE license), because it's a C&R weapon.

I have about 5,000 rounds of linked 8mm in ammunition cans which is good for a few minutes of trigger squeezing.....

Certainly a rich mans toy (I'm not rich)...lol

A 'hunting' firearm in the truest sense of the word.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Go out and get some trigger time, it'll make you feel even better

And when you go take some water jugs, that should really lift your spirits

Mark you're absolutely right. Maybe that's where the root of my frustration lies... I haven't pulled a trigger in far longer than I care to admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
There is an ongoing rifle transaction being conducted for the last 2 days in the Hunting forum as we type. Nothing against the individuals or their transaction, but I'm thinking this could be handled by PM, email and/or phone

I've seen a handful of these scenarios; do we not have moderators anymore? I can only think of one way back when. Would be more than happy to weed out most of this crap

t

Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

This is basically a user moderated forum, if you distill it down to the basics. Len and Andy both have moderator priveledge but I'm sure they don't have the time to play nanny everyday.

I moderate on an entirely different forum and it's a PITA.

Your only avenue of moderation is the little box (triangular) in the right corner of every post that takes you to a different screen so you can make Len and Andy aware of what you consider to be an undesireable post and then it's up to them to remove it or remove the thread.

Understand, when you report a post, you have to give an explaination as to why and your name.

Actually, the system 'self moderation' works pretty well, so long as people like me report violations. If no one reported anything, this forum would run amuck is short order.