Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Very useful tool ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Very useful tool ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
IPA's are something that I like as well, but there are some bad one's out there that you have to be careful of.

That's funny about the Hawaiian weather...I have no need though. I live for 20 below. I hate summer with a deep, hot, burning passion lol
Yeah, there are some better than others but I like most, especially the local ones.

Summer in Hawaii aint bad. Better than Billings Montana where temps get to 100 and above fairly often. Tropical Island climates aren't too bad. Temps rarely exceed 90 in Hawaii. I can get along OK in the cold weather, but I sure don't live for 20 below

Average Weather for Honolulu, HI - Temperature and Precipitation

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Yeah, there are some better than others but I like most, especially the local ones.

Summer in Hawaii aint bad. Better than Billings Montana where temps get to 100 and above fairly often. Tropical Island climates aren't too bad. Temps rarely exceed 90 in Hawaii. I can get along OK in the cold weather, but I sure don't live for 20 below

Average Weather for Honolulu, HI - Temperature and Precipitation
To me anything above 75 degrees sucks.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Dude, Americans spoil good quality brews. Room temp is how they do it over there and once you get used to it, which didn't take long for me, it's hard going back to chilled... unless it after a long hard hot day, then a Bud Light Lime is nice
Yup. There is a pub in Denver, I think it is called "Pints", that serves it's brews hand drawn and at room temperature. MMMMMMM good. They also have the widest selection of single malt scotch outside of the UK.

I Love that place!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Dude, Americans spoil good quality brews. Room temp is how they do it over there and once you get used to it, which didn't take long for me, it's hard going back to chilled... unless it after a long hard hot day, then a Bud Light Lime is nice

Bud Light Lime? you're making this TOO easy for me bro

I think you will find that i'm not quite that cultured. I made the mistake of trying a "normal" beer at room temperature, yup, I barfed. I don't know that I would have a much different reaction to a pint of stout.

t

Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member

The best domestic drink are the ones made at home like corn crib liquor or rasberry wine or apple jack. Domestic stuff is pasturized, homogonized and ostrasized......

My neighbor makes corn crib liquor. It's wicked stuff. A little sip does you real well.

My dad used to call commercial brews 'Weasel Pee'.. I agree.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
The best domestic drink are..... apple jack.....

Oooh, that made my stomach turn. One of our local "specialties" is called an "apple jack" = 3/4 shot Jack Daniels & 1/4 shot Apple pucker..... good stuff, 'til you hit the floor

t

Old 09-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
Yup. There is a pub in Denver, I think it is called "Pints", that serves it's brews hand drawn and at room temperature. MMMMMMM good. They also have the widest selection of single malt scotch outside of the UK.

I Love that place!!!
Sounds like a place I would like to go. I don't get why Americans don't catch on to good brew served the old fashion and best way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Bud Light Lime? you're making this TOO easy for me bro

I think you will find that i'm not quite that cultured. I made the mistake of trying a "normal" beer at room temperature, yup, I barfed. I don't know that I would have a much different reaction to a pint of stout.

t
Oh no.... you can't do Bud and MGD warm. That just doesn't work. UK brews are a whole different story. If you had a real pint of Stout or a real English Ale or Bitters (Hoppy like IPA) served the way it should be, I think you would like it. I just don't drink the domestic brews anymore, except an very occasional Bud Light Lime on a hot day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post

My dad used to call commercial brews 'Weasel Pee'.. I agree.
Your dad had good taste!

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams