Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Very useful tool ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Very useful tool ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
FEENIX, I agree

Guinness is freaking AWESOME!

I am also not sure what 'Flip is referring to, but I also agree that it is a great story. Also, Captain Morgan with Diet Dr. Pepper is amazing. I call it Captain Skippy.

Thank all of you who have served in the military!!! I only regret that I was too tall to get in, and they tend to frown upon type 1 diabetics...
I was introduced to Guinness Stout on my first TDY to England. They have it on tap there and served a t room temp. It became my favorite. I can get it on tap here but served cold. But after trying some IPAs they have become my favorite. There are about half a dozen or so Montana brewed varieties.

I like Morgan with pineapple fruit blends, makes me think I'm in Hawaii when it's 20 below outside, especially if I have more than one

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I was introduced to Guinness Stout on my first TDY to England. They have it on tap there and served a t room temp. It became my favorite. I can get it on tap here but served cold. But after trying some IPAs they have become my favorite. There are about half a dozen or so Montana brewed varieties.

I like Morgan with pineapple fruit blends, makes me think I'm in Hawaii when it's 20 below outside, especially if I have more than one

Morgan & pineapple... yup, that may be just a little girly sorry bro, but I had to.

I'm an Amber beer type of guy, or possibly a Boch. IPA's haven't ever caught my atttention... too hoppy I guess.

t

Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Morgan & pineapple... yup, that may be just a little girly sorry bro, but I had to.

I'm an Amber beer type of guy, or possibly a Boch. IPA's haven't ever caught my atttention... too hoppy I guess.

t
Harsh bro, harsh,, ehhh, whatever,, at least it's healthy! That's what i tell myself anyway

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Harsh bro, harsh,, ehhh, whatever,, at least it's healthy! That's what i tell myself anyway

I try I do have to admit that I haven't tried Guiness warm... sounds terrible but i'd try it.

t

Old 09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

BTW, thanks for the link, brings back memories. Interestingly, the Spade and the Gem of Egypt are all electric. I remember being on the Spade to this day. It was digging and the only sound was the creak of the cables and the whirr of the motors.

I also remember the huge 'extension cord' that came out the end on a retractable spool. It was as big around as your thigh.

The draglines don't crawl, they walk whereas the shovels were on tracks. At one time it (Spade) crossed I-77 and they had to move in 12 feet of earth across the pavement plus lay down blocking so it wouldn't destroy the roadbed.

I hear it's good hunting down Cadiz way in the old mine pits but I've never hunted there. I used to fish Tappan Lake back in the day.

The coal companies really decimated the land around Cadiz before the government got involved and passed laws and made them reclaim it. Looked like a lunar landscape when they were done. The overburden wasn't capable of growing anything.

Despite Obama' ranting, coal is still the most abundant resiurce for power generation but I heat the NG reserves are huge and directional fracking in PA and Ohio is tapping those reserves. I know we export a bunch of coal to other countries like China. NO EPA crap there.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

IPA's are something that I like as well, but there are some bad one's out there that you have to be careful of.

That's funny about the Hawaiian weather...I have no need though. I live for 20 below. I hate summer with a deep, hot, burning passion lol
Old 09-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I try I do have to admit that I haven't tried Guiness warm... sounds terrible but i'd try it.

t
Dude, Americans spoil good quality brews. Room temp is how they do it over there and once you get used to it, which didn't take long for me, it's hard going back to chilled... unless it after a long hard hot day, then a Bud Light Lime is nice

~ John Quincy Adams