Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

USPS strikes again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: USPS strikes again

Seems like the USPS should be able to identify where in the transit process the damage (hole in the box) occurred, and then which driver/vehicle to check with on the missing pieces of wood. It doesn't cost $33 to ship an empty box Priority Mail. Unless the USPS handler was mentally challenged or stealing the wood for their own use, I could only imagine the damaged box would have been flagged as damaged as soon as a handler noticed the empty box with the hole - in a manner that would be noted within their Delivery Confirmation scanning process.

But maybe that's too much to expect? The lesson for me is Delivery Confirmation only ensures the Delivery Confirmation bar code arrives - and nothing about the contents of the box arriving at the final destination. So sad!

I never had problems with the USPS like I've had since the economy tanked in 2008.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Gold Member

Re: USPS strikes again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumulkin View Post
I pretty much always send stuff insured since it that way it mysteriously seems to get lost less.

For awhile, we had a "mail bitch" who left things out in the open though we have a 50 foot covered porch, would leave pick up notices in the mail box because we "weren't home" when we were because she was too lazy to come to the door etc. I finally went with a zero tolerance policy and reported EVERY problem to the local Postmaster. I finally told them that I would be sending any misdirected mail, and there was quite a bit of it, I received to the Postmaster General for redelivery. The problems finally stopped and the mail bitch went on to other employment opportunities.
I think she has moved to Virginia, and is now delivering my mail!

Dave
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)