Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which US state has the most pride?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Silver Member

Re: Which US state has the most pride?

Here in the state east of Pennsylvania and west of Connecticut, each and every one of us is proud of...

Gimme' a minute...

I'm lookin'

I know it's here somewhere...

Nope! that ain't it...

What's in here...

I saw it the other day and it was ....

Sorry, I'm gonna' have to get back to ya' on that.

what's in that box?

A 'do nothing' Congress is not always a bad thing. If they pass enough laws, it should be entirely possible to sterilize one's complete life experience.

"The 'tolerant' left has come full circle... and has now become what they so despised."
Old 04-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

Rock On Jeff!!!

DocB

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 04-29-2014, 03:40 AM
Bronze Member

As far as the nation knows, they'd think Texas. And they'd think right. The Lone Star State. We put our flag on everything; beer cans, trash cans, flower fields you name it. The rest of the nation knows what our flag looks like. Sad to say that I think I only know what about three or four other state's flags look like. Western movies. Real cowboys, rodeos, barbeque, etc.

However my personal answer will differ...

This maybe because I live right next to Louisiana, but I have to tip my hat to them for their state pride. They get straight up ruthless when it comes to their sports teams. Like nothing I've ever seen. And have you ever been to New Orleans or Baton Rouge or Lafayette? They cram their culture down your throat in every possible corner of the spectrum. Zydeco music, LSU, crawfish, mardi gras, the New Orleans Saints, the fleur de lis, gumbo, and the list goes on. I like all of that stuff, but jeez they never give it a break. I have friends and family that live in Louisiana and I'm honestly not trying to sound like a jerk here, but when I receive gifts and/or cards from them it always has something to do with the Cajun culture. Like a constant reminder "look where I'm from"

Those Louisianans have lots of pride. LOTS.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
As far as the nation knows, they'd think Texas. And they'd think right. The Lone Star State. We put our flag on everything; beer cans, trash cans, flower fields you name it. The rest of the nation knows what our flag looks like. Sad to say that I think I only know what about three or four other state's flags look like. Western movies. Real cowboys, rodeos, barbeque, etc.
TEXAS!

Shucks, during World War 2, when Army Rangers captured a bunch of Germans, the Germans could NOT understand that it wasn't the Texas Rangers who had captured them!

And don't forget Santa Ana trying to sneak out of Texas in a private's uniform, after being soundly defeated at San Jacinto on April 21, 1836. (Battle of San Jacinto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Forevermore known as a coward to all real Texicans, Texians, and Texans.

Yep, I live in New Mexico, but I grew up in South Texas and I shall always be a Texan.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:16 AM

I am not from Texas, but when we go there to visit our daughter, everything we see is branded with the Lone Star.
I have to say it's Texas.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Camilleri View Post
I have to vote Wyoming! We are the least populated state and for a good reason! We know how good we have it and we don't need a bunch of idiots moving in and trying to ruin it. Please come visit and then go home!

I have to agree, I love this place... not to mention we live in the best part of wyoming, the Big Horn Basin! and we are a short drive up to beautiful montana too so I think we have the best of both worlds we can easily enjoy both states but at the end of the day we come home to wide open spaces of home

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

I would have to say Montana, Wyoming and Texas are the top 3. I live in New Mexico but that is only because of my work. The only nice thing about this state are elk and oryx.

Other than that, I have as much pride in this state as I do in the phlegm that you cough up in the morning when you have a cold. The state is way too off its rocker for me.