Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ups store hates the 2nd amendment?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Gold Member

Re: Ups store hates the 2nd amendment?

Unless it has to go to an FFL, and is governed by the BATF, then I ship machined metal parts too.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

I was asked point blank whether it was a gun part. The guy noticed that it was going to an Arms company. I actualy had no intention of telling, just couldn't lie when asked point blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRP View Post
The "UPS Stores" are not actually UPS and can make whatever policy they want. They've got some sort of franchise agreement with UPS and it's false advertising as far as I'm concerned. I've got a UPS Store within 100 yards of my front door and still have to go to an actual UPS terminal or call for a pick-up when shipping some things. Why did you tell them what was in the package in the first place?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

I have shipped "plumbing supplies", "metal fabrications" & "craft materials". I don't believe that I've ever shipped "gun parts".

The Postal Service doesn't ask or care. Even when I ship boxes with rifles that look like boxes with rifles no one asks.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
I was asked point blank whether it was a gun part. The guy noticed that it was going to an Arms company. I actualy had no intention of telling, just couldn't lie when asked point blank.
I understand that, I did the same at the post office once and then had to explain the laws regarding shipping a firearm to the lady behind the counter and it was just a barrel I was shipping. Thankfully she's the only one I've had trouble with there and it was only once. Several others there are shooters who understand the laws and ask what's in the packages because they are interested, not to give me any grief.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Silver Member

Eddybo,

I've been in that same store myself. It and the one at Brookhaven is owned by the same person I believe. I have experienced the same thing there myself, heck they are even nervous about shipping a rifle scope for heaven sakes. Like everyone else suggests just tell them its something else and insure it. If I ship an barrel blank I tell them its a "deep drilled stainless rod".
Old 12-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

Deep drilled stainless rod that is a good one. But I am not going back in that store. I will just go down to the UPS hub I have friends that work there, even hunt with some of them.

I called the customer service for the UPS store, they said they do not ship firearms but have no policy against gun parts......the customer service guy wouldnt send me anything in writing stating this.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Silver Member

OK Eddybo and Jimbo You 2 know I'm a UPS employee so you have two options. First, come to the terminal in McComb or go online, set up an account (which is free). Then you can hand your package to any UPS man or bring to the UPS store and say you are dropping off for a friend and, if asked, that you don't know what is in the box.