Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ups store hates the 2nd amendment?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member

Ups store hates the 2nd amendment?

I just was basically thrown out of the UPS Store in McComb, MS for trying to ship some Seekins Bottom Metal to a member here.
I was informed that it was thier policy that they will not accept for shipment ANY gun parts. When I tried to explain to the guy that it was not a firearm and that the item was under no restriction I was told that it was company policy. The guy was pretty beligerent about it and freakin yelled at me. That guy doesnt know how lucky he is that I am very afraid of personal injury suits. If I was still judgment proof I woulda popped him one.

I know this goofy guy has to be mistaken, can someone direct me to something I can show this guy he is wrong. I searched the ups store webpage but couldnt find anything on thier policies. I am sure someone here knows more about this than I can figure out, please share your info.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ups store hates the 2nd amendment?

Gee I had the same thing happen here in Osage Beach at the UPS store. Something about there "UPS Store" policies. But they were very rude about it too. I use to ship lots of stuff through them too. But no more! Havent shadowed their freaken door since. I did find out that if you take it directly to a UPS terminal they will ship it. I guess the terminal have different policies than the stores.???

Jeff
Old 12-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Gold Member

The "UPS Stores" are not actually UPS and can make whatever policy they want. They've got some sort of franchise agreement with UPS and it's false advertising as far as I'm concerned. I've got a UPS Store within 100 yards of my front door and still have to go to an actual UPS terminal or call for a pick-up when shipping some things. Why did you tell them what was in the package in the first place?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:08 PM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
I've got a UPS Store within 100 yards of my front door and still have to go to an actual UPS terminal or call for a pick-up when shipping some things.
Me, too.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Silver Member

i had the same thing happen when i tried to send a stock. its amazing how people thinks that they are doing something wrond by letting law abbiding people do what the constitution give them right to do. whats next.....
Old 12-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Silver Member

I know you guys know, but keep it so vag (SP) that they have no idea what you shipp. I told them a barrled action and he said a barrow action? Said yes and its worth $1500.00. no questions asked.

Stocks are just fancy chuncks of wood!

Bottom metal is just machined metal.

I know its the point that counts, but it saves me a 30 min drive.

Willys
Old 12-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

I just shipped an action from my UPS store. I was a little worried, but they say they ship guns all the time.

But, if it is anything but an actual firearm, I call it a "tractor part".

I believe KRP is correct. UPS stores are franchises and can set nearly any policy they want.

Luckily mine is friendly, since I don't have a terminal close by.