Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Update to Chris Matthews work of art

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Silver Member

Update to Chris Matthews work of art

I haven't had much time to shoot my new rig. But I did manage to shoot one 5 shot group the other day. Considering it's factory ammo I'm shooting and it was nearly dark , I'd say the group is pretty darn good!

But I must be honest here I think the groups aren't as much me shooting but the rifle. I am a complete newbie to shooting groups/accuracy. This is my first custom rig. And I've only owned one other rifle prior to this. I haven't learned any shooting techniques yet and I haven't even begun to learn how to hand load. So right now I just aim try to hold steady and pull the trigger and these are the results I get! I couldn't be happier!!!

Here are some more pics of Chris's fine craftmanship and attention to detail. Thank you Chris Matthews!!!

I've asked Ric to host the pics. Thanks Ric.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:29 AM

Re: Update to Chris Matthews work of art

Here ya go 338....

5 shots at 100 yards

Sweet Rig!

Old 01-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member

ju got my stock mang!!!

pretty!!

JB [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Silver Member

You jumped in with both feet![ QUOTE ]
I've only owned one other rifle prior to this. I haven't learned any shooting techniques yet and I haven't even begun to learn how to hand load.

[/ QUOTE ]A good shooting rifle can bring out the best in us. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Nice rig! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Platinum Member

Bummer that you spent your money on a rifle like that. Dang, but hey, we all make mistakes like that at some point in our lives. Oh well, live and learn.

BTW if you want to dump that gun when you get tired of firing 5 shots just to make one teency weency hole let me know. I couldn't give you much for it but it's better than nuthin'.

Let me know.

( [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.)
( Gonehuntingagain and Dave in Idaho, Shut up O.K. It might work)
Old 01-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Silver Member

People keep telling me I should learn on a 308....everything is for sale at the right price [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] email me.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Silver Member

Very Nice

I am jealous. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]