Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Unwanted Wolves Bring Unwanted Friends?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Unwanted Wolves Bring Unwanted Friends?

BnG, are these the same "tapes" that dogs get? I know from raising hounds that there are 3 types of tape worms that dogs get and some are very hard to get rid of. The dogs show little sign of having them, loose stool,sometimes even a little bloody, poor hair quality and they also can look thin. The common tapes bust off in segments that look like rice in the stool. But most wormers only kill two of the types and it takes a special wormer to get all 3. Plus a follow up in 30 days to get the larva.

Sure didn't know they would harm deer and elk. Tapes are very common in coyotes and dogs in the midwest and the deer herds are doing well. But again might be a whole different type of tape.

Jeff
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member

Broz, check this site out, Diseases Wolves Carry , they have the straight data and research on these worm, they are not your simple tape worm, this has been swept under the rug in a big way. My boss is a DVM and he looked over this stuff and did some research and he thinks it is a real concern with livestock, he said mad cow won't even be an issue after this.
I know the guy who shoots all the wolves around here and he won't touch a wolf with a ten foot pole, he's saying they are the dirtiest animal he's ever trapped or killed.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

Last edited by bigngreen; 06-07-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member

Oh, wonderful! Thanks BnG for the info. and thanks to the feds again for dumping this crap in our back yard. I guess the writing is on the wall. The entire population of wolves here needs to be destroyed asap.

Jeff
Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

Using the eco-logic that brought wolves here-my guess is the next play is to declare the tapeworm endangered, and until further study we'll need to put the host (wolf) back on the list. Only in America. We should change from In God we trust, to spending money we don't have, on stuff we don't need.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Using the eco-logic that brought wolves here-my guess is the next play is to declare the tapeworm endangered, and until further study we'll need to put the host (wolf) back on the list. Only in America. We should change from In God we trust, to spending money we don't have, on stuff we don't need.
As far fetched as your above comments are, I'm afraid you're probably closer to the truth on what is going to happen then I want to realize.

I think we need to get some input from Uncle Ted Nugent and a follow up by Larry the Cable Guy - maybe we could Get-R-Done then.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Silver Member

Do we now need to add a b(Burn) to SSS - SBSS?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Silver Member

A good dose of canine parvo wouldn't hurt.