Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Universe 14 billion years old and seing stars???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Universe 14 billion years old and seing stars???

Interestingly enough the foundations for quantum mechanics were developed by Max Planck who specialized in the second law of thermodynamics. The second law of thermodynamics is why a bullet is not like a drill bit, so I doubt you would find Max shopping for bullets in the Craftsman section of Sears.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Silver Member

Re: Universe 14 billion years old and seing stars???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
Interestingly enough the foundations for quantum mechanics were developed by Max Planck who specialized in the second law of thermodynamics. The second law of thermodynamics is why a bullet is not like a drill bit, so I doubt you would find Max shopping for bullets in the Craftsman section of Sears.

Planck, Boltzmann, Schrodinger, Bohr, Dirac, those were the good old days. I was going to get H<Y>=e<Y> tatooted on my arm during grad school!

So, two years ago I was driving up to Douglas, Wyoming to go PD hunting, and was way "out there", when I turned on the AM stations. I hit the seek button, and a talk radio station popped up and the first words I heard were quantum mechanics. I had to listen, and it was absolutely the most intelligent conversation I have ever listened to on a radio. They were discussing something known as quantum feedback, where in observation of events, causes the realization of those events (out of the many possible events that exist), which in turn selects for various past events in history. In effect, the things we do today, affects events that have occurred in the past , thus creating our own history in the present. It was the most fascinating 1 1/2 hours of radio I have ever listened to, bar none.