Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Turning garage into reloading command center! Ideas welcome!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Turning garage into reloading command center! Ideas welcome!!!

To keep it short---all of my dies and reamers are in one of my safes for humidity control.

Make sure the AC is not blowing across the bench!!!! When you are using scales you will understand LOL!!

If it is in your area Fin Form is a great plywood product.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Gold Member

I understand what your saying about air blowing the powder all over.
Humidity is not near as much a concern here in Phoenix although it gets a little humid during our monsoon season. It's the relentless heat I'm concerned about. If I don't run ac out there I'll never go out there. If I do it will cost a fortune. Story of my life. Been researching having a company come in and do all the cabinets and apply an epoxy coating to the floor. It's not as expensive as I originally thought. They could do it in a few days vs it would take me weeks. I would have to pay to store all my stuff while I did the work. Hmmmmmmm... Will keep you posted!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortpants View Post
I understand what your saying about air blowing the powder all over.
Humidity is not near as much a concern here in Phoenix although it gets a little humid during our monsoon season. It's the relentless heat I'm concerned about. If I don't run ac out there I'll never go out there. If I do it will cost a fortune. Story of my life. Been researching having a company come in and do all the cabinets and apply an epoxy coating to the floor. It's not as expensive as I originally thought. They could do it in a few days vs it would take me weeks. I would have to pay to store all my stuff while I did the work. Hmmmmmmm... Will keep you posted!
It's not that the powder will blow around easily, but rather the reloading scale will lie to you if air is blowing on it while you're weighing powder or zeroing the scale.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBruce View Post
It's not that the powder will blow around easily, but rather the reloading scale will lie to you if air is blowing on it while you're weighing powder or zeroing the scale.
Aahh I see! Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

Fling me a P.M. with your e-mail, & I'll send u pics of my garage setup. Maybe you can get some ideas. I can tell you a few things I'd change about it, but overall I Love my setup.

As far as climate controll/moisture controll etc. for primer, & other moisture sensitave stuff, many folks use a mini fridge, not plugged in. Seals up nicely.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Fling me a P.M. with your e-mail, & I'll send u pics of my garage setup. Maybe you can get some ideas. I can tell you a few things I'd change about it, but overall I Love my setup.

As far as climate controll/moisture controll etc. for primer, & other moisture sensitave stuff, many folks use a mini fridge, not plugged in. Seals up nicely.
Sent you a pm.
Thankyou,
Jason
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

Jason, I just recently finished my reloading room. It works very well for me. I will post some pics and you can look it over. If you have any questions fire away. Also, I love!! the island bench. I can work from any side and it is up at a great height to do my gun work.

Here goes,
Jeff