Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Is it the truth, B.S., B.R., or Ego?? Questions..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Is it the truth, B.S., B.R., or Ego?? Questions..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Boyd, ya need to work on that a bit... you completely missed the dot! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Gotta work on that one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I do believe my Factory Coyote in 270 WSM will keep up with that gun of yours at 500 yrds. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Jody,I believe your gun would keep up with that gun well past 500 yards.The group Wyo posted was a decent group.But its also a group I would expect out of a good shooting factory gun........
Old 02-25-2004, 08:48 PM
*WyoWhisper*

A GOOD FACTORY GUN??

OK here we go...

Hey guys what part of "prone from a bi-pod don't you get...???"

You guys are shooting form a bench with rests front and rear.....

sheesh... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

All you you guys do is read the wind and squeeze once your sighters are identified and confirmed...

Try controling your heart rate and breathing to time the trigger squeeze with reading the conditons and wind.. With your 16 lb+ free recoil rifles that isn't real necessary...
Now throw in a inclination...or better yet a declination.. where do you hold now? And lets just say you don't get a sighter or 10.. lets say you have to make your first shot inside a 10" dia. circle... and you only get one chance.. and your by yourself... no one to call your shot or confirm conditons...

I guess rifles arn't really good rifles unless they shoot at Williamsport for 10 rounds, inside 10"?????

man oh man...
Old 02-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Gold Member

Wyo,

Nah, it's gotta do at worst half MOA under any photo op, wear high $$$ glass, be chambered for a round currently in vogue w/ the LR BR guys, etc. Makes it a little rough for the belly shooters, eh? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

All joking aside, I don't think Boyd intended it as a slight. I do understand the frustration, though. Sometimes it seems like the BR shooters have taken over and imposed their standards on the board (i.e. gun/group standards). Not saying that they are wrong, just keep in mind the difference in application btwn what they are doing/saying and what you have planned, and filter the information appropriately. Use what you can, file the rest away for future reference [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

HTH,

Monte
Old 02-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Hey guys what part of "prone from a bi-pod don't you get...???" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ric you take Jody's 270wsm or Butch's 270wsm or Shawn's 300wby factory gun ,put it on a BI-Pod it will do the same thing.Now what part of that don't you get.You get all worked up when someone says something about your group.It's a decent group.Thats all.I am just saying,I would expect a better group out of a full on custom gun.When a group that size could be had with a factory gun.Sheesh
Old 02-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

So far, we're talking about one group at 770 yards, I think?? So, I'd expect a factory stick to throw one out that well once in a while too, only a very exceptional one to consistantly shoot that or under though. So what are you really saying Boyd, I'm still not too sure??

Ric you take Jody's 270wsm or Butch's 270wsm or Shawn's 300wby factory gun ,put it on a BI-Pod it will do the same thing.
Consistantly under this, one time, here and there, average over time, or what?

Now what part of that don't you get.
Out on a limb here, but maybe what I asked???

You get all worked up when someone says something about your group.It's a decent group.Thats all.I am just saying,I would expect a better group out of a full on custom gun.When a group that size could be had with a factory gun.Sheesh

I think Ric has posted a few pix to give an idea of how consistant his rig has been performing?? Are you saying there's a problem with Ric's custom rifle because it shot a group like that? I'm still confussed as to what you're really saying in all of this. What you've said can be taken in MANY different ways...

Boyd,
Now, what are "your" guidlines exactly, and why? I think that's what this thread is really all about???
Old 02-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Bronze Member

Lets see, this is called "Long Range Hunting" Ever see someone shoot 5 times at a deer, hows about 10 times. Multiple 3 shot groups are enough for me. Nice group off a bypod Ric.