Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Is it the truth, B.S., B.R., or Ego?? Questions..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2004, 09:08 PM

Re: Is it the truth, B.S., B.R., or Ego?? Questions..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I am here to tell you that if it changes POI after 20 rounds, then IT WILL CHANGE DAY TO DAY even if you notice it or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's total BS...
So where do you draw the line? 100 rounds? When the barrel turns red and starts to droop? You started with ten and now its twenty...
Please raise your hand if you shoot twenty shot groups from your hunting rifles..Anybody??..Nobody??...That's what I thought...
If the rifle always shoots to the same POA, without shifting zero, and all you ever shoot is three shot groups, AND you never shoot more than three shots in a row in hunting conditions, then ten, twenty, or 100 shot group information is irrevelant.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>AND you never shoot more than three shots in a row in hunting conditions <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And who has never done that????
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM

Boyd--
I agree with your post.
A well built built rifle will be consistent... BUT--shooting multiple rounds(over 10)in a hunting rifle to intentionally heat the barrel to see if it shifts is IRREVELANT information, if that rifle will never see those conditions in the field.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Silver Member

All I'm saying is "I" test with 20 on "MY" guns and don't care what brand. Also that it is a "DEFINITIVE" test.

You believe what you like. If you have no interest in seeing that. I really don't care.

If you think that there are guns in this world with no construction issues (read problems), then you have a lot to learn. In another earlier thread there are complaints about this being a "place to learn" and that people should give out information as that is what this board is all about. SO, I give some that's probably the best information you got in this thread and you keep burying your head in the sand so you won't see this.

O.K.
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>When the barrel turns red and starts to droop? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well I'm here to tell you.My "HUNTING" guns will shoot where they are supposed to until that happens.

Nope, never had to...
I can usually hit what I'm aiming at in the first three...
If I didn't they usually wouldn't hang around to find out what's going on...
Old 03-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> if that rifle will never see those conditions in the field. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>...Who is to say if that will never happen???