Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which trail cameras do you guys like or dislike?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

Which trail cameras do you guys like or dislike?

I have been struggling with a trail camera purchase over the last couple weeks. I wanted to spend no more than around $200 and I wanted something with good detection, and range, picture quality on all of them is pretty good now days so I didnt pay much attention to that. Anyone who has looked at trail camers in depth has probably gone into info overload like I did. Magnumitis has quite a few cameras and he really likes Reconyx and Bushnell Trophy Cams, However Reconyx is too expensive for me and I wanted to try and have something different than him. I looked to trailcampro.com and they had a lot of info and some good reviews. Reconyx is top dog in all catagories Bushnell used to be second but in the last week Moultrie has taken the #2 spot.
I already had the original Truthcam 46 (the big one) and i really like it I ultimatley decided to go with the Truthcam 55ultra with the early detection and flashless 65' night range. it is a special edition of the 55 offered only through cabelas. I will hopefully have it up on a bear bait later this month and I will let you know how it works out.
I would like to know what you guys have and like or dislike and why.

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Which trail cameras do you guys like or dislike?

I have a Bushnell Trophy HD and like it a lot. I've never had one of the ultra high-end cameras so I can't compare, but my HD takes good pics and is dependable. I like the field scan mode for bow season too.