Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 AM

Re: Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about?

I would like to see more info on economy long range setups; I'm new to shooting and very interested in medium to long range varmint hunting. I would like to see more info on chamberings and bullets that are successful for this without producing much recoil. I currently shoot a .243 winchester.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Silver Member

I think I'd like to see more technical data. Formulas and basic info are always helpful and should be practiced every now and then. Something along the lines of APPS and technology failure, now what? I love reading articles that show you can make hits by just applying some math and the observation of your environment.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Silver Member

I'd like to see an article about proper scope mounting using a 20 or 30 MOA scope mount. This would include bore-sighting.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Maybe a series on squeezing the most accuracy out of a rifle. starting with the basic rifle and bedding and triggers and barrel floating all the way up to matching bullet weight with twist rate and tuning bullet seating depth and case prep. would get very long but a lot can be written on it. and would be benificial to all I think

^^^^^ This is exactly what I was thinking, could be very informative to the beginners, help the "experienced" level shooters move to the next level & encourage all of us to go above & beyond.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Gold Member

I'd love to see an article on the history of long range.....How it started, the originators, Original equipment and so on.

Give us a little history lesson on the subject
Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDD View Post
I'd love to see an article on the history of long range.....How it started, the originators, Original equipment and so on.

I recall reading a book somewhat similar to this, but I cannot remember the title of it. It was more of a military sniper history book that explained the rifles and some of the shots taken from the revolutionary war up until Vietnam. If anyone knows it feel free to break in.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDD View Post

I like to read of it specific to our area, but I doubt the right author (DC) would right it.