Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
PUBLISHER

Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about?

Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about here at LRH?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Silver Member

Re: Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about?

I would like to see more topics that are written for those that are new to sporting firearms. A road map that will help people that just received Grandpas ole 06 and make them feel good enough to continue with what they have and know enough to do a good job in deciding what they want. one step at a time
Old 10-14-2011, 02:37 AM

Artical one buying and equiping an entry level rifle for new people, or those who have been out of it for a while. I have 3 boys and myself to equip for hunting and shooting, and when you add up rifle, clothing, and reloading equipment, it gets really expensive really quickly. I am looking into the Savage Axis in 243 for all of us. I am not interested in single shots, and will modify/upgrade rifles as time goes on.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 AM
PUBLISHER

From "Highknob":

Quote:
I would like to see an article on PDA's used in the field for ballistic programs. Which works with what? Pros and Cons.

Thanks for a wonderful site.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member

Maybe a series on squeezing the most accuracy out of a rifle. starting with the basic rifle and bedding and triggers and barrel floating all the way up to matching bullet weight with twist rate and tuning bullet seating depth and case prep. would get very long but a lot can be written on it. and would be benificial to all I think

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Maybe a series on squeezing the most accuracy out of a rifle. starting with the basic rifle and bedding and triggers and barrel floating all the way up to matching bullet weight with twist rate and tuning bullet seating depth and case prep. would get very long but a lot can be written on it. and would be benificial to all I think
I agree. Some videos that go along with some of these things could be very beneficial as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 AM

With the economy in the state that it is, I would like to see more articles on budget minded long range equipment. Take my set-up for example. 2 years ago, I started my long range project with a Rem. 700sps stainless varmint in
.308 win. As finances came available, I upgraded it with a Tubb firing pin set,
a Rifle Basix trigger, and a used HS Prec. stock. On top is a Hawke 6-24 SF in a DNZ mount. I tried reloading for this rifle and quickly found that Federal G.M. 168gr BTHP's ($25 or less a box) are extremely hard to beat. Out to 800yds, this is truely a half-minute set-up with 400yd groups @ 1.5". The point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to spend $3,000-$5,000 to hit what you are aiming at.