Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Today's Society...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 04:54 PM
*WyoWhisper*

Re: Today\'s Society...

You got may vote!!

I'll make the Banners!! and poster signs..

gotta think of a campaign solgan...

hmmmmm
Old 10-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Silver Member

DC,

I guess I've seen too much of the poor conditions to the South to want to lock the Border completely. I can't blame those people for wanting to want to make a better life for themselves and their children. As long as they are willing to work to make things better, I'm not going to stand in their way. I'm sure if you lived there, you'd want to improve your life as well.

By the same token, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to have all new immigrants told that neither them or their children would ever be eligible for any form of Government handouts. Taking that one step further, with the exception of extreme disability, I think all Government handouts such as welfare and unemployment checks should be limited to 24 monthly checks for the life of any person.

If you don't work, you don't eat, and don't look to me for sympathy for your lazy *****.

Any person who applies for welfare with three or more children shouldn't receive any money until a Government funded sterilization procedure is preformed.

The prisons are already over crowded. The average life expectancy is 72. I'll give you three years. If you have no hope of parole before the age of 75, I see no reason to feed, house or medicate you until then. Getting rid of those who have no hope of rehabilitation will make room for those who have a chance to turn their lives around.

I'll be happy to vote for you DC, but don't get upset if I continue to improve my Spanish.

Tim
Old 10-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Silver Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I'll make the Banners!! and poster signs..

gotta think of a campaign solgan...

hmmmmm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about "Straight Shooter"?

Saw a post once that went... "Blaming guns for crime is like blaming forks for Rosie O'Donnell being fat". Figured that summed it up quite well. But then again, if my History serves me right, the French invented the fork... maybe another excuse to take on France. Oh well, enough rambling.

"D.C. for D.C. 2004"
Old 10-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Tim

I like your ideas on Government handouts.

I also have seen first hand the "problem" with illegal aliens.
I lived in California for two years and I don't know if Arnold can bring that State around. I hope so but........

I think that the legal Americans should have the chance to fill the jobs the Illegals are taking. If they can't be filled then a signup system should be implemented to allow illegals in for a certain amount of time after they are finger printed and given a work card. They must also report in every day as to where they are and MUST know English.

If their employer here in the States reports that that person did not report to work, that person should to be deported back to his home Country and not allowed back in.
There should be NO health Care for the illegals what so ever, unless it's a TRUE emergency and life is in the balance.

I don't envey the southwest States because of this illegal alien problem.

Quite Hunter

I like your slogans alot.
"The Straight Shooter" and "DC for DC in 2004"
Will have to start with some posters and billboards soon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-18-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 10-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Silver Member

I'll vote for ya too!!!! Hey can I have one in that burnt rust brown metallic they have.
Oh yeah with the self inflating tires I need automatic scratch removing paint for when I run through the woods with it!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 03:19 AM
Bronze Member

The borders will be patroled by the military and anyone coming across illegally, will be shot on sight.

I hope the military will be using Match Kings in there rifles. ONE SHOT KILLS!

This is a good example of free speech or a bad example if your one of the families trying to improve there life. The streets are made of gold, too bad there are alot of a$$holes driving on them!!
Old 10-19-2003, 07:19 AM
Bronze Member

Tim
Unemployment insurance checks are not truly handouts. You and I pay into the fund every week (not directly perhaps, but we pay into it never the less). What you get back, when your laid off, does not exceed what has been paid in (called credit weeks) for you. In fact it's often less. In MI you have to work a minimum of 9 months to be elegable for 6 months (at 75% of average net) unemployment (taxable income BTW).
The goverment hates to get off the money because just like SS they would rather spend it on "pet projects" than let it sit and grow.

The rest of your statements I do agree with, so we're not that far apart.

DC you can put a sign in my yard anytime, no Hummer or rifle required (OK, 1 used LR rifle)