Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Today's Society...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Silver Member

Re: Today\'s Society...

DC,

You know I love Carol to death but, no Colorado? You still have that chain saw and some hickory? Six hour of cutting and sanding aint much work for a new foot! I know she wants to go just as bad as you ....so she might want to "bit the bullet" and get on your way! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

cya, Vern
Old 10-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Silver Member

DC, sorry, no diesel in my yard. '86 Chev c10 w/305 and 360,000 miles. 2000 Impala, 3.8.

I avoid products made outside the U.S. to the extent practical, and those from the orient like the plague. IMO, we will go to war with China in my life and I have no desire to give them aid in any form.

Number of folks that I worked with until retirement last week [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] have the full array of domestic diesel trucks. They are nifty if you have a purpose for them, but these boys and girls(no typo) are just struttin' their stuff. Give me a short bed 4 WD gas auto, and I'm happy. Any of the big three will do.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Silver Member

Very sorry to hear you will not be making it this year. If it were practical to fly you and your gear to Denver, I would take you up for at least a few days. Based on what I know you use, I am guessing you cant fit it all in a big duffle.
I will be shooting a 338 RUM that pushes 300 SMK's at 2750fps today. It is intended to be a less than 1000 yard learning gun, but for now I am only making drop charts out to 600 yards. Simpley applying knowledge within the limitations I have, or am imposing on myself. My brother will be using the gun for a cow elk hunt that starts November 1st. Our goal is to apply the knowledge and will try to document the results. Fun to shoot, and when the barrel gets shot out a longer barrel will be out on to allow it to shoot some real distances.
I will also be working on loads for my 300 SAUM. I have some really accurate loads, but nothing with a good, high BC bullet. Running a ladder today with 180 Game King over I4350. If that does not turn out well I will try a 175 or 190 SMK. I have a late season cow tag that should give me ample chance to try it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> PS--You must have an old Chevy if it was made in Indiana?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I got in my truck this morning I checked inside the door and realized I was wrong. My 99 Silverado was made in Indiana. I thought my 2002 was also, but it appears to me made in Canada (nothing wrong with Canadians - just their government). I believe my brother's 2003 Duramax was made in Indiana.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Vern and QH

Vern

I am working on the hickory now since I just got back to Driftwood, PA.
It is still up in the air as far as our Colorado hunt is concerned.
We shall see because the day to leave would be Monday and Tuesday at the latest.
She likes the camping as much as the hunting when we are out there.
I'll keep you informed.

QH

Get all my stuff in A duffle bag????? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I have to have a truck to haul it all in. I also pull a trailer with the camping stuff.

As I mentioned before, if I'm out there, your welcomed to come and hunt with us.
Bring the horses, we don't allow Chevys near our hunting or camping area. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Chevys probably wouldn't make it back to where we are anyway?

Have your brother or whoever has the Duromax
check where his was made?
I believe they are assembled in Canada to.
Your right, nothing wrong with the Canadians.

Anyway, take care and I have to go sand some hickory now.

Our sparring has been fun.

Later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Max

Good thought on the truck and I agree with you.

Gas engines are for some and those who need more power or are on the road a lot do honestly need a diesel.

Any of the three will do for most purposes.

Later and good hunting to everyone.
DC
Old 10-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Silver Member

DC,

I would really like a motorized shooting bench, with 15x42 monster mudder tires and a lazy boy recliner.Is that to "freakin" much to ask?

I would like to deer hunt more this year and just can't get up and down these dang mountains here in VA so good anymore.

Being disabled, I would like to see more access to hunting area's!!!!!

Oh yeah, alittle heat in that recliner wouldn't be bad either! Army thought me that when your butt goes numb your head is right behind it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Grand Daddy used to say "it a poor damn do when you can't do for yourself". Now I know what he was talking about [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Y'all take care, Vern
Old 10-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member

Vern

How about if we mount that "lazy-Boy" on my 4 wheeler?

WE can rig up the seat heater and with the racks, you can mount your table and rifle to?

That would get you in since it's 4 wheel drive. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]