Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Today's Society...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 07:53 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Today\'s Society...

My wife and I are watching 20/20 last night.. (like the show hate Barbara).. so this story comes on about the pain killer Rush is addicted to.... ( I went to fix a cocktail ) my wife who usually keeps her opinions to a minimum, starts yelling at the TV... I come back to hear her give the TV a piece of her mind... she starts saying how screwed up is this world is when all these "politically correct" a$$holes who won't/can't see the truth about what is really happening...
Seems that the media and a group/bunch or several individuals are trying to blame the pharmaceutical company for the illegal street sales and the addiction problem. ( get this ) she went on to say it is the same A$$holes who are trying to say that the guns are the ones who kill people.
Her rant went on and she said .... are we so blind and so irresponsible that we cannot see that "people" are the reason we become addicted and that people kill other people... is society so blind to the reality or are we that cowardly that we cannot accept the blame and need to finger someone else....

I guess that rant stayed with me and all in all left me restless and feeling like I should try to do something about it.. but how can you fight the media and millions of the X generation that are so "politically correct" and blinded that they have become puppets to the puppet masters....

hmmmm
Old 10-18-2003, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Today\'s Society...

Ric

You can also put much of this blame on the lawyers who want a piece of the pie.

The power of the pen and TV coverage is very strong and Barbara WAWA is very misinformed on many issures.

Suing a company or manufacturer has been a way of life for many and as you said, people try to blame others for their short comings.

I like the one about the action taken by the parents of fat kids toward McDonalds.
It's supposed to be McDonalds fault that their fat ass kids eat to much and lay around the house all day and play games on their computers. That's a joke, just like the lady that spilled hot coffee on her lap and she won a law suit against McDonalds for that one.

My thoughts are, "your" the one at fault, if you eat to much, spill coffee on yourself, shoot someone with a handgun or rifle or kill someone in an auto accident if you caused it.

Things will change when I become President. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I also want to see a Hummer 2 in every garage. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 08:35 AM
*WyoWhisper*

DC,

I forgot about the fat kid thing... good point... I guess all this really burns my *****.. I used to work against many of those types of lawyers.. just looking to reach into someone elses deap pockets... never really looking for the real reason, the real solution ...
Old 10-18-2003, 08:49 AM
PUBLISHER

Darryl

I am going to start a DC for Pres in my town! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And I'll take one of the green ones, please.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Len

I have you first on the list for a green one.

What the heck, if the Governor of California can have one, we all should, right?

I want any color as long as it's not that yellow one. I guess I could have it painted though?
The Green one is nice and so are the browns and blacks.
Have been looking at them long and hard.
A guy at the range has a black one---Damn it's nice.

Later
DC

PS----Here are the issues I'll promote and take a stand on.

A Hummer 2 in every gararge, 5 long and ultra longrange rifles for every sportsman who want them, Steak, chicken and Lobster in every pot, no more illegal aliens allowed in this country, only English to be spoken in this country and in our schools, more off shore drilling to reduce the cost of foreign oil, more drilling & pumping for oil in Alaska, more reasonable timbering in the west (the hell with the owls), less gun control, less Government red tape and laws to abide by.
This is just a list I have prepared for the upcoming campaign. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Silver Member

I`ll vote for you DC. I`m all for an independent nation that strives to take care of things within its own border.
Amen, Warren
Old 10-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member

Warren
Thanks for the Vote.

H-Bar
You shall have the Burnt Rust one with all the goodies. I've ordered a 10,000 lb winch for it to.

Another point or two I want to make during this campagn is,

The borders will be patroled by the military and anyone coming across illegally, will be shot on sight.

Those coming into this country to seek citizenship will only do so as per the birth, death rate of those already here.
If there are more deaths then births, then "that many" or the difference between, will be allowed into this country. If there are more births then deaths for that year, then the borders are closed to "new" citizens.
This way we will keep the population numbers fixed the way they are now.

If you file for citizenship, you must know english and speak it fluently or your not coming across our borders.

There will also be federal funded health care for all US citizens.

This is just the beginning fellows. My list is growing.

later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]