Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A time to be American - GM Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

Buying American is More Important Now than ever

I've always bought American products because it really does effect the economy. The last 10 years of consumers buying anything BUT American products is what really caused this financial collapse. Look at the TRILLIONS of dollars EACH year that go overseas to pay for imported stuff. I realize the Congress giving tax breaks to companies that reinvest in overseas manufacturing contributes greatly to the problem. And the UAW also contributes to the problem. But the fact is, EVERY time you buy an import, YOU are costing some American his/her job.

That said, I bought my 2008 Silverado 3500 in Dec. My wife got 2008 Jeep last Feb. We did our share.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

Re: Buying American is More Important Now than ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/C Guy View Post
I've always bought American products because it really does effect the economy. The last 10 years of consumers buying anything BUT American products is what really caused this financial collapse. Look at the TRILLIONS of dollars EACH year that go overseas to pay for imported stuff. I realize the Congress giving tax breaks to companies that reinvest in overseas manufacturing contributes greatly to the problem. And the UAW also contributes to the problem. But the fact is, EVERY time you buy an import, YOU are costing some American his/her job.

That said, I bought my 2008 Silverado 3500 in Dec. My wife got 2008 Jeep last Feb. We did our share.
Your truck was made in canada or mexico,im sure the guys that built it appreciate your purchase.