Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Things you eat........Or not

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2006, 08:57 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Things you eat........Or not

[ QUOTE ]
Think I'll get some dry ice and send BB some.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he'll eat potted meat, I'd bet he won't even half to cook the nuts. Probably about the same texture when thawed.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Silver Member

I draw the line at Rock Chucks, coyote and dog, and most of all - NUTS (I don't mean the kind that come from a plant/tree either). I don't care what they taste like - I won't eat them on PRINCIPLE.

Hell, I have a hard enough time eating nasty ol' diving ducks (Goldeneye, etc.) Some are strong enough to make me gag, but grind them into sausage with other meat and I'm good.

No funky vegetables if it isn't corn, green beans, peas and a very few other "normal" veggies, I won't touch them.

Tomatoes only belong in salsa, pizza/pasta sauce or ketchup.

Walnuts & pecans suck too. Why would you want to ruin a good brownie or cake with crappy walnuts?

Give me a chunk of big game meat or cow medium rare and I'm good to go. Just salt, pepper and garlic.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Silver Member

Best thing I've ever ate is Jalapeno garlic Talapia. Worst thing is probably elk liver cooked on a stick hanging over a campfire. The strangest thing (but oddly enough certainly not the worst) was porcupine. I normally like anything but have to draw the line at tripe, tongue and rhubarb pie!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Silver Member

I tell ya what, I have been to almost every country in Asia. The best, but weirdest thing that I have ever eaten has to be a stingray. It was very good. Fried halibut has to be one of my favorite foods. Fried deer meat with taters and gravy has to be another one that I could live off of. Fried squid is not too bad either.
Brandon
Old 06-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
and most of all - NUTS (I don't mean the kind that come from a plant/tree either). I don't care what they taste like - I won't eat them on PRINCIPLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think the same thing gonehuntin,that is until I went on an AZ archery elk hunt.Got a nice 6 pt. and my buddy cooked the heart and the nuts up in camp that night.Made me wish my elk would have had 12 instead of two. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Made me wish my elk would have had 12 instead of two. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No ya don't [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] You wudda been a shitin' kitten [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

They some kinda rich, yea [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

Will not eat kentucky fried chicken, the smell turns my stomach. Same goes with eggs sunny side up. Will eat mountain oysters, not bad, wild mushrooms with deer tenderloin. Fried wild turkey breast with taters and onions. I do miss good German food that I had when I was stationed there years ago. A young wild hog on a bbq grill with lots of cold beer sounds real good right now. With banana pudding to top it off. got to raid the frig. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]