Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

They shot him in the ass to "break him down"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

They shot him in the ass to "break him down"

I had the great pleasure of moving all of the living room furniture around today and this meant the cable/tv etc. lost power and was moved. After getting everything where "momma" wanted it, I powered it up and just happened to click through a few channels to make sure all was o.k.

I happened to see a polar bear on one channel so I paused and watched it. The bear was walking away from the camera man and hunter and the audio comment was that "he broke him down". Actually what he did was to shoot the walking polar bear in the ass end while he was walking away from them.

Then, these super hunters/shots finally took another shot at the bear that had been rolling around pawing and trying to get at whatever hit him in the ass end. The audio comment was, if I remember correctly, "he put one right in the boiler room". The normal speed shot looked funny so I reversed it and watched it a couple of times in slower motion. The bear turned and was quartering towards them and the shot appeared to hit at the back of the rib cage because you could see the fur move around at the hit. This meant that due to the angle of the shot that he was gut shot.

Then they were all smiles and congratulating each other.

Kinda made me sick to see someone do this in a format that allows millions of people across the country see what these "hunters" were doing, and being proud of it.:mad::mad:

I'm not posting this to start a big stink or to draw attention to our sport. I'd hope that after reading this that you would look closely at what you watch and if you see something similar I'd ask that you try and contact the program and tell them what you think. Contact the cable or tv channel and also let them know what you think.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

The so called "Texas Heart Shot" most disgusting thing I had ever heard of. Probably makes folks in Texas even more angry. That is pure disgusting. But then, I didn't get to go hunting with my "coworkers" because they liked to "enhance" their hunting with amphetamines. All sorts of sick folk out there. Amazed as well that they filmed it.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

As a Native Born and Raised Texan, I do take offense to the term "Texas Heart Shot" when implied as a anal aiming point. I have hunted for over thirty years and know of no one from Texas that has intentionally taken this shot. To imply that this is what we as Texans do, inadvertently or intentionally, gets my dander up.

Sorry for such strong language. LOL
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

Not wanting to be the devil's advocate here nor do I agree with this method I have heard some guids that shoot bears and other deadly game that they will shoot the animal in the hips to break them and imobilize the animal to reduce/eliminate a chance of a charge.

Not saying that this was the case here , just that i have heard of this process.

I personaly have never seen a TV hunting show where the hunters could shoot worth a damn and despite seeing where the bullets hit and knowing the angle it always proclaimed as a perfect shot.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Silver Member

I think I watched the same show and it looked to me like they shot him in the leg to slow him down then shot him in the boiler room.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member

If one doesn't want to hurt the animal then don't shoot it...
Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneborngesser View Post
The so called "Texas Heart Shot" most disgusting thing I had ever heard of. Probably makes folks in Texas even more angry. That is pure disgusting. But then, I didn't get to go hunting with my "coworkers" because they liked to "enhance" their hunting with amphetamines. All sorts of sick folk out there. Amazed as well that they filmed it.
Quote:
As a Native Born and Raised Texan, I do take offense to the term "Texas Heart Shot" when implied as a anal aiming point. I have hunted for over thirty years and know of no one from Texas that has intentionally taken this shot. To imply that this is what we as Texans do, inadvertently or intentionally, gets my dander up.

Sorry for such strong language. LOL
There was no mention of a "Texas heart shot" at all in the video. They weren't trying to kill him via a THS, just break him down.