Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Testing Some Pic's from the ranch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: Testing Some Pic\'s from the ranch

THose are some nice ones for sure. We definately know what you mean on the drought and horns. Most of what we were hoping to see was fairly disappointing come fall. However, hopefully this year will be better. We did see thse that show some promise,

This young 8 point would come to within about 15 foot of the stand with my grandson and I in it. It is simply a two man bow stand we set up with one section of ladder to keep the hogs off him.

And this one I have had my eye on for several years, he should have hit 6 this year and hopefully will have the mass on him come fall. He managed to sprout some crab claws on the ends of his mains making him a nice looking 10pt.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 03-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Silver Member

good to see your back. looks like you had better luck than me i only took one doe this year not counting hogs
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

stxhunter,

I was thinking about you guys when I was posting my pic's. Yes, tough year, but BOY what mother nature has in store for us this year---- is just a few months away. I was down @ the ranch a couple of weeks ago and all the black brush, Guajillo, Granhenia, Guayacan & Brasil were all sprouting new growth & flowers. With the continued rain into April(Magic Month)=(BIG HORNS) this year - I've got butterflies already. Here are a few pic's..

Here is a rattler from that weekend.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Silver Member

Mike/Tx,

Nice deer pic's. Thanks for sharing. Also good disciplin! Let'em go so they can grow... How exciting it is to share hunting time with little ones..