Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Testing Some Pic's from the ranch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Testing Some Pic\'s from the ranch

Nice pics and great bucks. I have the same picture of the suits on my wall as well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Silver Member

nice bucks we have a ranch 11 miles north of freer off 59 by the welder ranch lots of hogs and deer been bow hunting the last couple of weeks but no luck yet just took a couple of hogs we've had 12 inchs of rain the last 3 months and every thing is so green the deer havent been coming in to the feeders like they where back in july i'll take the camera and see if i can get some pics wish i had it sun evening had a bobcat come sit under my tree stand good luck on the up coming season
Old 10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Gold Member

I did the Wildlife Ecology training out at the Welder ranch several years back. That place is heaven for white-tails. They were starting to sell some hunts then. I saw some monsters out there doing spot-light counts for them. Beautiful country!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Silver Member

yea its nice the old timers say its been 30 yrs since they have seen it this green flowers and butterflys everywhere you'd thing it was spring i heard the welder might be up for sale my buddy that has 800 acres next to us was telling me about it what is it about 22000 acres can't even imagine the asking price i'm going to try and get some pics to post here if i don't end up working sun take care
Old 10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Silver Member

stxhunter,

It's mandatory for me to take my camera everytime I hunt! The trail game camera prove to be a and awesome scout for us. We see deer we have never seen before.. We are between Freer & Laredo on 59... Also using the Buck Spy software to track the deer on the ranch. Was down there last weekend with my daughter who is 6 1/2 checking on a few things.. Tell me about the rain, man the deer have allot to eat right now. [image][/image]

[image][/image]

My little helper.. There were several time she said dad we are going to get stuck!! It was fun for her first time.. We will probably do some late season hunting together..

[image][/image]
Old 10-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Silver Member

do the fences you have around your feeders do a good job of keeping the hogs out seems like for every one i shoot two more show up to take its place
Old 10-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Silver Member

they do a good job of keeping the hogs out. we have all our feeders penned up. run about 14 pannels per pen.. I think the hogs are jealous... don't know if you have cows, but they seem to think that the feeders are their playgound if you know what I mean..