Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Testing Some Pic's from the ranch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

Testing Some Pic\'s from the ranch

ok, I think I got the hang of it... see below.. I got some pictures to share from last season 2005/2006.. If any of you guys/girls have some pics as well please share? I can't wait till this season opens up.. We are in South Texas.. Let's see how many pic's we can get live/dead from where you hunt.. I know some guys are from Australia, so maybe we can go around the World with this? I love shooting them with the camera too..
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Testing Some Pic\'s from the ranch

[image][/image]

11pt - Mr. Macho! This guy rules all the other bucks gave way to him within a 1/2 mile of the area which I saw him in... Didn't shoot this guy because I shot another one that was bigger. I passed on him the first time I saw him, then went back and hunted him after everybody said why didn't you shoot that deer... Well I went back to hun him and ended up shooting a bigger deer that stole my heart. I'll post some pics of him.. This 11pt had a split G2 that curled back. I'll try and post some close ups. He let me potograph him several times...
Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Silver Member

[image][/image]

Split G2 -- this guy was about 7yrs old.. Can't wait to see what he looks like this year.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Silver Member

So many deer; so little time! My heart bleeds for you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It must be great to have access to genetics like that, Congrats on your hunt, I can't wait to see the BIG one you killed.

Dave
Old 10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

14pt scored 163 3/8 6 1/2yrs old.. 7mag took care of this one @ 160yds.. Not long range, but with my heart beating as it was I thought it was.....

[image][/image]

These may be a little dark, I hope they come out.. I didn't turn the flash on the camera. Got caught up in the moment.

and the final wall mount....

This guy is for this year..

[image][/image]

photographed this 11pt with the 6" drop tine on the right beam after I shot the 14pt.. We only allow each other 1 trophy buck per year on the ranch... I'll be hunting this guy hard this year.. We have low fences, so I hope he made it through the year..
Old 10-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

Hey Mountainsheep,

What part of the country do you hunt? Got any pic's?
Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Silver Member

Spino,

I have basically haven't been able to do any serious hunting for the last couple of years, until then I hunted deer & elk in OR & MT and did quite a bit of quail hunting in GA. T'm planning a Bighorn hunt in 2007 & hopefully will be able to get a Aoudad later that year.

Dave