Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Tactical Sniper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Tactical Sniper

We gotta have some way to describe the air soft terrorists at the mall.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Lyons7STW;551670]I need to vent
Is anyone besides me frustrated by the over use of the words "Tactical" and "Sniper" these days.

Yes, but even more so with the word "EXTREME!". Everything is extreme now a days, there is an Xtreme taxidermy and also an Xtreme transmissions repair in the area where I live. What is so extreme about it? Do ya do it naked? Wouldn't that be considered a perversion or a fetish?

And I have gotten to where I cringe every time I hear Sniper.

AS IT SHOULD BE!!!

And thrre is very little glamour in waiting for an undetermined amount of time in heat or cold rain or snow to take a shot. You have to limit movement to avoid detection but you get cramps and need to relieve yourself... you get hungry and thirsty, your
eyes get tired of squinting through optics. And the stress eats at you.

Some call this hunting season!
Maybe we should call it "EXTREME" hunting.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Silver Member

I guess I can contribute. Every time I mention I enjoy longrange shooting to someone, the next few words out of their mouth is sniper. Big difference people.......