Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

? Surgeon action/Brux barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Gold Member

? Surgeon action/Brux barrels

I am looking to build a 7mm RUM using a Surgeon action and a Brux barrel. What is everyones experience with either of these two manufacturers? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited by MN Hunter; 08-11-2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: modification to title
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 PM
brassprep

Re: ? Surgeon action/Brux barrels

Surgeon actions-1st class, if you are not happy, you can't be made happy! I do not work for them,have an intrest in them, sell them etc. About a year ago, at my gun club you started seeing more and more, all that use love. Brux barrels, I have no knowledge of first hand. One last thing, I am only familiar with the standard size Surgeon, but have heard the long action is just as good, I would have no reason to think otherwise. You're going to have a keeper when your though!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Gold Member

After more research about actions and barrels than I care to admit to, I decided to go with the Surgeon single shot short action and Brux barrel for my custom build in 7mm SAUM. Jim See at Center Shot Rifles is doing the smithing. The rifle should be finished in the next few weeks and I will post pics and results as they come avaliable. I also went with a Manners T2 stock, that will be dipped in Marine Corps desert digital camo (go figure), the barrel and action will be finished in tan CeraKote, and CSR 3 port muzzle brake.

I agree with brassprep, if you aren't satisfied with the Surgeon/Brux combo then you can't be satisfied.

Sgt

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
PUBLISHER

I have a couple of 1/4 to 1/2 moa rifles with Brux barrels on them. Clean really easy too..

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Silver Member

I just chambered up a 4 groove brux barrel in 6.5x47 lapua yesterday and it was an extremely straight tube.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:36 AM
SPONSOR

Brux barrels

I have a 6.5-284, 1-8 twist Brux barrel on a 18" rear-grip Remington XP-100 set-up for 1K shooting. My 15 year old son Erik, was competing in a Long-Range handgun Competition this past June and won the "Heavy-Pistol Class" at 1,000 yards.

5-shot group measured 8 3/8" inches with four of the shots under 3 inches. You can say I am pretty impressed with Brux barrels
Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member

This is what I had built with a Savage Target Duel Port Action and a Brux Barrel. The first 5 shots at 100 yds measured .084 inch.

Had the barrel in a month.

Note the price I paid to have a very competitive rifle!!

My new long range popgun. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

Popguns stock is finished. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

"Aim small miss small",

joseph

Last edited by joseph; 08-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.