Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

This Sucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Bronze Member

This Sucks!

Went to the local Bi-Mart in Lebanon,Or. today on the hope of buying some powder.There was not one pound of smokeless powder to be had.100 primers total and very little ammo.I did manage to find a couple pounds of powder at a small gunshop down the road a ways,but one pound was one I,ve never used but thought someday in a pinch I might be glad I had it.What do we need to do stop this craziness?Is this shortage being caused by hoarding/fear or has the supply been cut to drive up prices.My thought is that we need to stop buying for a while and see what happens.There are some creeps that are making alot money off this situation.The word is the local pawn shop waits at the Bi-mart the morning they get their shipment,buys up as much as they can and then sell it for huge profits.We should all make them sit on that stuff untill they are willing to sell it for a reasonable price.I personally will never spend another dollar in that place.Please weigh in on this guys.I,m ticked to say the least.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: This Sucks!

Next time you're in Albany check the Bi-Mart there. They had a small variety a week or so ago.
Good luck!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks Jamie6.5.Jeff at Rangemaster is where I found the little I bought.I,m wanting some R-15 right now and IMR 4198.Soon I will be looking for some more to feed my.300 WM.Jack at Dan Dee sales in Sweet Home has actually been getting in some powder and primers but selling out very quickly.A lady in front of me last week bought the last 3000 LR primers he had,two minutes too late.I don,t need 3000 but I would have bought 1000.Hope it gets better,this has me spooked.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grpolarbear View Post
Hope it gets better,this has me spooked.
I think there might be good reason to get a little spooked. I have two friends each with shooting and hunting supply business and they are both telling me they can't get anything from there suppliers. Could be hording but just seems a little strange to me.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Silver Member

Not trying to be a jerk or call you out but it seems that everytime I see people asking "whats the deal with the shortages" the person filing the complaint seems to say I just went to xxx and they didnt have hardly anything so I bought everything they had just to be safe.

I agree we might be able to stop the problem by not buying anymore but I for one am not going to not buy the stuff I need when I find it.. I am too afraid I wont get the second chance and I really dont want to be cought with my pants down.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
JEREMY logan

I have a friend that works at sportsmans warehouse and he said they called federal and they told him that it could be sometime in 2010 before the primer problem will free up..
Old 05-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grpolarbear View Post
one pound was one I,ve never used but thought someday in a pinch I might be glad I had it.

This sort of thing is exactly the cause of the problem

"I don't need this or use it but I'd better have it anyway thus ensuring that no-one else gets it!!"