Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

stuff needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: stuff needed

does humidity not matter enough to make it worth it? I know that right now my goal is to be able to make 1k. after that it will be 1500. So I dont want to have to replace it because it is not up to par if you know what I mean. I like to buy some of the best instead of an Item to just get me by for now. I just didn't know if is going to make enough difference to make it a necessity.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member

At 1500 yards the difference in the point of impact between 0% humidty and 99% humidity will be about one inch.

Most scopes only work in quarter inch clicks so you would not even be able to make a humidity adjustment.

If you set your programs for 50% then you are pretty good to go.

I will say that a person should reasonably try to minimize errors but there comes a point where we are counting hairs on a frogs back.

There is also the problem of set up time. Getting an animal to hold still while we get everything done that has to be done for a long range shot is a problem. You will let animals get away at times because it just takes so long to get everythng done that is critical to be done. This is why a good spotter is so important. The work load is divided and you aren't peering at your drop chart or PDA or Kestrel when the animal is walking into the thicket. Adding tasks to the to do list only increases the likelihood that you will not get a shot.

Rushing a shot with half baked data is the other extreme.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

thanks, didn't know how much it affected it.