Has anybody ever heard of using mercury as a lead remover. Does it work, I was told if you fill the barrel of old smokey with liquid metal overnight it will disolve the lead deposits? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Very TOXIC & expensive and does work.
Just imagine mercury & lead in a liquid form at room temp.
Next imagine it being absorbed into your blood stream through your skin. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
My opinion, this is'nt worth messing with even if the bore is caked with lead.