Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Stop the bleeding now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Stop the bleeding now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
You guys make it sound stupid to be prepared. We don't do this because we are dumb or paranoid we do it to survive.

Whatever your perception deems necessary in your equipment choice for survival is all well and good. I certainly did not intend to imply anyone who carried a lot of stuff was dumb or paranoid. To each his own more power to you.

I was just expressing my thoughts to the fact that inexperienced and uncomfortable people when in the backcountry tend to not have a real grasp on what works and what does not and make bad decisions that get them into trouble or hurt. If you could pack something that would keep everyone from making mistakes...that would be worth carrying. When you have lived in the mountains most of your life as I have and it's just a big backyard full of toys its really easy to get along safely without a lot of "stuff"

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Stop the bleeding now!

I keep my unit 1 in my truck at all times and add it to my pack when I leave the truck. I hunt with my wife and kids and their safety is worth the extra wieght.