Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Stolen Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: Stolen Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys46 View Post
I thought I had updated this thread....Good news, they found my gun! bad news is that it was recovered from the bottom of the Clackmas River!

The detective said they thought they knew who had stolen it and was putting a lot of pressure on them so they figured they got scared and the gun had to much heat so they drove roughly 25 min away from my house and tossed it off a bridge.

The county sheriff happened to be watching two fisherman wrestle with a fishing net in their drift boat when they pulled my gun off the bottom. It was thrown off the bridge into shallow water.

The scope was sent back to Nightforce and they said it was still good to go. The glass was still good, but the outside took some damage. The action and barrel had some rust. The trigger was the worst part with lots of rust.

The most unfortunate thing was the stock did not survive.

Not only did it break and the other half floated away, it swelled up and cracked length ways.

Not happy but I guess it is not sitting in some dirt bags house.
Those pictures are worse to look at than to watch marley and me...

Im so sorry about what happened :/
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:51 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Now that brings a tear to my eye....

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Gold Member

Well I guess that's one unfortunate but real caveat of a wooden stock if it ever gets stolen, then ditched in river.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Gold Member

rifle looks distinctive keep going to the ranges and pawnshops you'll know it when u see it then give the thieves some thump therapy