Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which stock to buy? probably a sporter and not spending a lot of money anyway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

Re: Which stock to buy? probably a sporter and not spending a lot of money anyway

Nice stuff great pictures.

I just (yesterday) ordered a HS Precision I picked the HS because of the built in pillar bedding. Have a friend with the B&C but the grip swell kills me because I have small hands. I have two browns but they are spendy and I think overpriced for what you get. "Why do I hve two then? One is 30 years old and the other cost me $100) Just my .02
Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Which stock to buy? probably a sporter and not spending a lot of money anyway

Josh,
I honestly don't know why you'd be scared of buying a B&C stock. I bought the Alaskan model for a custom Rem for hunting and love it it's light, sturdy. It will outlast me.

The only place I've ever heard B&C, or H-S get bashed is on snipers hide. To hang there you need the Manner's, Mcmillan, or AICS, whatever. I had a Cooper Pheonix with a B&C stock also, it was great, and I'd like to buy the same stock to fit a Weatherby gun I have. But the gun doesn't shoot, so I'm not wasting the money.
I have 4 H-S stocks also, they do what I bought them for. The last one a M-24, adj, shot it first time on Sunday out to 1450 yards in 100 increments with one miss.
Stocky's has B&C and H-S, run with one, just spend a little extra coin and get it bedded, you wont look back.
Miles
Old 11-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo-2 View Post
Josh,
I honestly don't know why you'd be scared of buying a B&C stock. I bought the Alaskan model for a custom Rem for hunting and love it it's light, sturdy. It will outlast me.

The only place I've ever heard B&C, or H-S get bashed is on snipers hide. To hang there you need the Manner's, Mcmillan, or AICS, whatever. I had a Cooper Pheonix with a B&C stock also, it was great, and I'd like to buy the same stock to fit a Weatherby gun I have. But the gun doesn't shoot, so I'm not wasting the money.
I have 4 H-S stocks also, they do what I bought them for. The last one a M-24, adj, shot it first time on Sunday out to 1450 yards in 100 increments with one miss.
Stocky's has B&C and H-S, run with one, just spend a little extra coin and get it bedded, you wont look back.
Miles
I kinda agree seems like on the hide they sure are quick to spend someone elses money.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkmen View Post
Nice stuff great pictures.

I just (yesterday) ordered a HS Precision I picked the HS because of the built in pillar bedding. Have a friend with the B&C but the grip swell kills me because I have small hands. I have two browns but they are spendy and I think overpriced for what you get. "Why do I hve two then? One is 30 years old and the other cost me $100) Just my .02
Thanks. I think the big key is a quality bedding job.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V