Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Which State would you chose strictly based upon hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Bronze Member

Which State would you chose strictly based upon hunting

If you had a choice of any Western State to live in and you based your choice only on hunting opportunity for all big game and fees, which State would it be?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Which State would you chose strictly based upon hunting

Never, never, never pick Montana ... it sucks here !!!

ADDED:

Perhaps Jeff (BROZ) will chime in soon ... he's having way too much fun .

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.

Last edited by FEENIX; 10-05-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Silver Member

Not Idaho either, wolves have decimated our deer and elk herds:(
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

alaska
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_freeman View Post
If you had a choice of any Western State to live in and you based your choice only on hunting opportunity for all big game and fees, which State would it be?
I choose Idaho 20+ years ago mainly to make a living and secondly for the hunting and fishing. Now I agree the wolf intrusion in Idaho has really raised heck in a lot of areas but there is still a lot of quality hunting in this state especially here on the west side between the Salmon and Snake rivers. Wolves have impacted all of the states up here so I would pick Idaho again today. If youíre a shot gunner or a rifleman itís here if you do your homework.

Alaska would be next on the list. Just too darn cold for too long up there to live.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
I choose Idaho 20+ years ago mainly to make a living and secondly for the hunting and fishing. Now I agree the wolf intrusion in Idaho has really raised heck in a lot of areas but there is still a lot of quality hunting in this state especially here on the west side between the Salmon and Snake rivers. Wolves have impacted all of the states up here so I would pick Idaho again today. If youíre a shot gunner or a rifleman itís here if you do your homework.

Alaska would be next on the list. Just too darn cold for too long up there to live.
+1 with Kcebcj,.........except for work, cause there aint any.
But If your willing to work for it and do your homework, Idaho is hard to beat. Plus theres no rediculous "iddiot orange" laws!! Wooohoooo. I love hunting Idaho. And ya wolves have had a hooooorrible impact in Idaho, but where havent they had a detrimental impact?? Theyre horrible viscious predators that our ancestors rightfully erradicated. Unfortunately our hands our tied for ridding of them again, but at least Idaho issues tags for the rotten vermin.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Bronze Member

thanks for the responses, I am considering a move and want to chose a State where the hunting is the best and affordable. I am considering NM any thoughts on NM?