Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Starbucks: Bring on the Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Starbucks: Bring on the Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Hunter View Post
Looks like my wife will get a Starbucks gift certificate for Valentines day.
That is a great idea!

Mike @ CST
Old 02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member

Very suprising considering Starbucks is a bunch of hippie liberal military hating sissys. I still refuse to give them my Buisness. When I was in the military I was refused service there while wearing my uniform.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 02-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member

"Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue," That's an intelligent response by Starbucks...we just comply with the law...I love it. I'm going to shoot an email off to Starbucks applauding there position...Just want to help offset the bunch of emails they're probably getting from the liberals so they don't just hear from them and change their mind thinking liberals are the only ones doing business with them and that shooters account for some of there $ too. I would encourage others here do the same.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS GunWorks View Post
I just read this...one more reason for us to love Starbucks:

Article- Starbucks: Bring On The Guns
That is awsome. As a gun owner in California this is always a pleasant surprise considering all the wack jobs in this state.

Thanks for posting Mike.

Sherman
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Very suprising considering Starbucks is a bunch of hippie liberal military hating sissys. I still refuse to give them my Buisness. When I was in the military I was refused service there while wearing my uniform.
WHOA! Neutral gun or not I would certainly like to hear from corporate Starbuck's about refusing to service military personnel in uniform.

Tikkamike, did they tell you specifically they wouldn't serve you or refused to acknowledge your presence? Either scenario is unacceptable.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

I was on my way to work early in the morning and I was in the drive through money in hand when I was told "Sorry we can't serve military" I thought it was a joke so I was telling my dad about it and he had heard that starbucks was not supporting the war and was refusing service to all military. This was in Grand Forks North Dakota in 2007. Ever since then I am anti Starbucks and PRO WAR... but thats a whole other subject..

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

Tikkamike, I'd shoot an email to corporate and ask their position...who knows maybe that's the position of the person who waited on you or maybe local management...I mean if that's Starbuck's position nationally then I would think that would have made the news bigtime with alot of military folks being refused service. Anyway if you do email them let us know what they say.