Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Speedco Shooting game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2005, 08:21 PM

Speedco Shooting game

Has anyone tried the "NRA Accuracy Extreme Shooting" or the "NRA Varmint Hunting" games sold on Speedcoshooting.com? I am wondering if they are good and worth the money, and if they teach a new shooter like myself a few tips in the sport of long range shooting?
Old 01-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: Speedco Shooting game

I paid $20 for the Speedco shooting game 5 days ago and I am about the throw it in the trash!!! No challenge at all.....one hole groups every time....nothing to learn. Nothing interesting...NOTHING!!!!! Biggest piece of crap game I have ever spent $20 on.

Not sure about the Varmint game???

Kyle
Old 01-04-2005, 10:09 PM

While reading about the game it said you can enter your load data and play around with different variables with different calibers. But if it is not challenging or you don't learn any long range "dialing in" stuff for elevation or wind, I don't think I will buy it. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member

Santa left them both in my stocking [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Santa must not have realized my computer is 5 years old and doent have enough RAM to run the Varmint hunt [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
It does however run Long Range Shooting Simulation2 well and it has ben a big help in figureing out what wind and yardage have to do with the knobs on a scope and mildot use.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Silver Member

Yes, you can play around with loads....SOME.....4 powders per caliber and 2 bullets. ALL LOADS SHOOT ONE HOLE!!!! and no chrono data

The Varmint game by them I THINK allows for longrange practice???

Kyle