Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Gold Member
Re: Space-bar-is-broken

But that's UncleB's excuse. He is always spilling or spewing something on his keyboard [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
you are correct [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and I almost did it again 2 minutes ago when catshooter nicknamed wildcat " the hyphen-king" on another post. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
just buy a new one it is cheaper than sending it out for repair ,I know because I have been through this a few times as BB has pointed out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Unread 11-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

(regarding the keyboard...) I didn't even take it apart. It got gritty, and I washed it in dish washing detergent and rinsed it - 24 hours later it was back in service.

[/ QUOTE ]Good idea. Most folks don't know water itself does not conduct electricity. If there's enough minerals in the water, they will conduct the electricity through it.
Unread 11-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks-for-all-the-post-guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]-One-more-thing-not-only-is-the-key-board-broken-but-during-the-clean-up-process-some-keys-were-broken-aswell.

Unread 11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

When it goes out for repair, I would definetly have the keys blueprinted and trued, maybe have the keystrokes lightened or go with aftermarket adjustable keys. Heavy keystrokes are a major contributor to spelling inaccuracies. And when it's set back in the case I would have it bedded. Marine-Tex is my preferred but to each their own. That way you wouldn't have to worry about warpage in the event of another coffee attack.
I am glad you clarified because when I read your other posts I thought you were being Uber "matter-of-factly"
~Pray to God...but swim toward shore~
Unread 11-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Gold Member

canute two...loved your post! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

maybe we should start a donation for a new keyboard for wildcat. I'm in for $5.
Unread 11-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Gold Member

Canute's post gave me the first laugh of the day... I pitch in too, but we should get the model with the "Wife alarm" - the "Hyphen King" need all the help he can get. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Here, kitty kitty kitty.

LRH member #23