Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

SOUTH DAKOTA SUCKS!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Gold Member

Re: SOUTH DAKOTA SUCKS!!!

Thats not a pony its a neanderthal war horse!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

I'm commenting on this post a few years late but I see this thread has gone on a while. I live in "Sunny South Dakota" and I've had the experience of living in CA, VA, and IA. I've driven through or flown over most of the United States at one time or several. I can say that every state or city has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's safe to say however that if you are a member of Long Range Hunting, you are most likely an "outdoorsman" to at least some extent. Save for a few who may only be here fantasizing about what it would be like to live in a place where the 2nd amendment is still a living breathing document, sportsmen are respected and places to hunt are plentiful. You want to learn how to shoot in the wind? Shoot Prairie Dogs till you puke? Dodge pheasants on your way to go bow hunting on your buddies ranch/farm? Or do you just want to leave the idiots in the City behind and see some unspoiled hunting/fishing territory and wonder what it would have been like 100 years ago? South Dakota is it brother!!! Don't get me wrong, no sissy's allowed. From -38 to 118 degrees, you better be ready for it and plan for a light wind of 5-10mph everyday minimum. 40-50mph wind and snowing isn't uncommon at all. You gotta be tough out here and plan your trips accordingly because your closest "Happy Meal" might just be something you kill and clean yourself. I hope you got back you WY safe in your red Miada. Happy New Year lol J/K
Old 01-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbigley View Post
Hey I'll take South Dakota over eastern Wyoming any day. What a pit. The wind never stops blowing, nothing but sage brush. Other than MA, I can't think of a better place for a nuclear waste dump.

Nevada Locals Thanks You! LOL
Old 01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

Its I90 that sucks not S Dakota
Old 01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Silver Member

Also, I just have to say that I NEVER thought I'd EVER hear someone from WY making a blanket statement that some other state sucks and that their scenery wasn't entertaining enough for him. lol Sorry that I wasn't on the shoulder of I-90 dancing a jig for you as you tooled by with your cruise control set at 81mph steering with your knee while texting your World of Warcraft buddy about how cool your Moms basement is. lol Did I make my point? You're a rude person and very lucky to have waited until you were safely into Madison, WI to go off on your rant about how boring we are as a state. Next time stop out here in the Bad Lands and tell the first corn fed country boy you see your complaint about his hospitality. Until then, stay safe and have a great 2010!

There, I feel better!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Gold Member

You do realize the original post was like... six years ago. Your timing could use some work
Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

And the original thread starter was banned a few years ago!