Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Something Funny I Saw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Gold Member

Spring Turley season 2006. I'm upstate NY turkey hunting, which is only allowed until noon. After the hunt I take my wife and kid to a local farm store where they have ducks, geese, and 2 tom turkeys. The owner of the place said they form spain. They were black, but did not look like eastern turkeys.

Anyway, I take my diaphram call out of my pocket and hit it a couple of times to make them gobble. The gobbled all right! Then one of the birds started humping my leg like I was his new girlfriend!

Wish I had that kind of calling success in the field...

A guy we were talking to took a picture with his camera phone and I gave him my email address, but he never sent the picture!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
SPONSOR

LOL

Okay Roll, that beats mine, that defiantly beats mine!!!!
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 12-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

crazy animals

This one involves a goat instead of a turkey but funny none the less. A few years back my best friend (who I'll call Jock-O the elephant tamer) was getting a divorce and asked me to come over and help move some of his stuff. He lived in what you would call the boonies and had a tall chain link fence around his yard and shop. Now, Jock-O is a diesel mechanic and his shop was as big as his house. He had this crazy goat that would try to chew on your tires when you came over and you had to run him off with rocks. Now this goat had ESP or something because no matter how hard you tried it was just impossible to hit this dang goat. So every time I went over there I tried. It would be facing away from you and have no clue you were there and when you threw a rock it would just hop out of the way and never even look at you and keep eating! Anyways, back to the story. We had loaded his stuff up from the house and were in his shop talking about how we were gonna catch his goat when guess who walks in...THE GOAT. We looked at each other and grinned. I slipped on behind it, shut the door and tried to grab it. That thing went crazy and was hoping around jumping off the tables and shelves with tools and parts flying everywhere. Jock-O was chasing it around yelling at me to help but I was too busy laughing. Then it turn on him and backed him into the corner, he grabbed it stiff armed by the horns and it picked him up against the wall (Jock-O is a little guy about 120 pounds) and held him there. He was yelling "Get this damn goat off of me!" but that was the funniest thing I had ever seen and was rolling in the floor. It took a minute but I realized the goat was going to over power Jock-O and grabbed it by the tail with both hands and was pulling it backwards. Not the best thing to walk in on. About this time his wife (the elephant) came to investigate the commotion. She yells out "What the hell are y'all doing?" and we just froze....even the goat. Then she says "I knew I was divorcing you for a reason!". She turned to leave and we just started laughing our a$$e$ off and set the goat loose. The goat stayed there, she had left the gate open one day and the goat got out. We still hunt behind that house sometimes and I would love to run into that crazy sucker one day.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.

Last edited by Bravo 4; 12-02-2007 at 08:05 AM. Reason: no particular reason
Old 12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Silver Member

i had a couple of game cocks when i was a 15 yr old one saterday morning there was a knock on the door so i go and answer the door and theres 6 cops and 3 patrol cars parked out front of the house and a ambulance pulling up. my neaghbors at the time had a vegitable garden seems one of my roosters got out and was in their garden and when ms martin tried to soo him off he went ballistic on her and left a bunch of holes up and down her legs with his 2inch long spurs .needless to say that ended my plans to raise fighting roosters

Last edited by stxhunter; 12-02-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Silver Member

This one is about pigs, I was 5 yrs old and we lived on a farm with lots of animals including 6 Weiner pigs, each year my dad would have the butcher come over and slaughter the pigs giving him one for the job, well the idea was to do one a night when the guy got off his regular job but I threw a monkey wrench into that, I watched as my dad threw in some slop to the pigs and as they came up to the slop the butcher shot one in the head with a 22 rifle just like mine, then he set it down and they went to work on it, well I liked the pigs because me and my brothers used to ride them around the pen and feed them toads out of the creek, I felt pretty bad about them shooting my favorite racer so after they went to the barn to finish dressing the pig I decided to give the other pigs some fresh toads so they wouldn't feel bad about losing their friend. I caught some toads and took them out to the pen to sooth their loss. I held out my hand and the first pig went for the toad and my hand, damn thing chomped down and thinking I was playing tug of war started shaking, ( oh did I mention we used to tease the pigs?) I got loose with some scratched fingers and a mad on. I remember picking up that rifle and tossing a toad into the pin when one came to get it I put the muzzle against its head and fired, one down. I used the toad bait on all 5 of them then went to tell my dad I had finished up the pigs for him, on the way to the barn I stopped and settled up a score with a goose and a peacock who had been my nemeses for several years, I probably could have settled things with a bull and a neighbors dog while I was at it but I was out of ammo.
Thats when I learned about not picking up guns from my dad and a piece of barn siding.