Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Some questions about the component contest.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Gold Member

Some questions about the component contest.

I asked in the contest post itself but I don't think anyone is monitoring it.

Would the components work on an Eddystone Model of 1917?
If so, what would it cost to attach them?

Thanks!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 09-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Some questions about the component contest.

I don't think Manners gets many inlet request for a 1917.

yes with some severe modifications, the cost would be more than just buying a remmy donor and having the gun built on that.

Lipstick on a pig?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Gold Member

Lots of condescension in that response. Thanks for that.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry for that, The barrel fitting would not be anything to complicated and would be done for the normal charge.

Where you would run into problems would be with the stock inlet, so now a smith would have to inlet it into a stock that he is not sure it will fit in properly to begin with. So that could mean removing and building up other areas of the stock to acomadate the action. My guess is the LA seekins bottom metal would be dificult to adapt and feed from that action.

With the challenges that some of the surplus actions offer in other areas such as scope mounts it may make sence to keep it as a history piece and build a precision rifle on a modern action typical of todays rifles.

It most likly could be done but in the end I think you would regret the choice.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Gold Member

Thank you for your reasonable response!

I was thinking of using this Eddystone...

YouTube - 300 Yard Eddystone 1917 with a Sportsman Stock

...instead of the one I usually shoot, (which still has the bayonet.)

I've fashioned a scope mount for it.

But I understand what you mean, and it seems like it would be way too expensive for me anyway.

I'll just have to concentrate on my 30-30 for now; I have been getting some good groups out of it since I've got a better scope.

Thanks again!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Silver Member

As near as I can tell this shouldn't be a problem at all. The reason being is because I believe that I'm going to win so you won't have to worry about any of that.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkidaho View Post
As near as I can tell this shouldn't be a problem at all. The reason being is because I believe that I'm going to win so you won't have to worry about any of that.
LOL!
Congratulations!