Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

some positives and some negatives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

some positives and some negatives

Well, 4 years ago I swore that I would never shoot another smk if my life depended on it. I started using btips and amaxs wich I had great results with. Well I got a 6.5x284 cooper and I just couldn't get them to shoot nearly as well as the little group that came with the gun. So I tried the same 140gr. smk out of it that they said they had used. Walla a couple lods later I to was getting bug hole sized groups. Even against my beter judgement at the time I brought them out deer hunting. At this point in time I apoligize to anybody I offended with any post saying they were crap. Today was the second deer that they have brought to the ground this year. One was a one shot kill, the other was a put it down shot on a deer that a friend had wounded. Right through the back hip and up into his chest cavity. I never got to see the real amount of damage it did but it fell reel quick and in a hurry. With performance like this maybe there will be alot more smk's flying out of my barrels.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member

Re: some positives and some negatives

Hey Screech,

I am still trying to " never say never " [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jim B.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Gold Member

good story. I liked your honesty, hopefully you'll have a lot more 1 shot kills with those darn SMK's.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Silver Member

Excuse my ignorance, but what are SMK'S?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

Sierra Match King's