Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Solar energy in the future.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 03:39 AM

Solar energy in the future.

Quote:
Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business.

You may not link to any commercial non-Sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non-Sponsor business in your Username, Signature or in your Public Profile including the Home Page found there. This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business (Bill's Accurate Guns). You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text or pictures. Non-Sponsors may post replies of a helpful nature that involve topics related to their trade or type of business in response to requests for such general information from other members. Non-Sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "PM Sent" or "email sent" and the conduct their business off line.
If you'd like to become a sponsor please contact Len Backus.

Last edited by ss7mm; 09-20-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Solar energy in the future.

I wonít argue that clean energy is the way to go. Here where I live the nearest power grid is 8 miles so myself and a few neighbors are totally dependent upon solar and hydro electrical power. The generating systems are great and require very little maintenance. Itís all the other crap inverters, charge controllers, batteries that require almost daily maintenance or monitoring and until those components can be advanced the average person canít or does not want to maintain them.

In my system and my neighbors the weakest link is the batteries. I have really good batteries but the technology is not there yet. Companies such as yours that are in the business need to be pushing your suppliers for higher quality components. Iím not familiar with just how things work when a system is also tied into a power grid but it seems to me if one wants to get the biggest bang for the buck you would need storage and there lies the problem.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein