Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Sniper Rifle Advice for my screenplay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Sniper Rifle Advice for my screenplay

GOOD POINT 9MM! Maybe we should atleast know how the weapon is going to be portrayed before we help out unknowingly! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 07:17 AM

how bout a nice marlin .22 mag with a 3-9 tasco atop. sporing a camo sling and some camo duck tape around the barrel???
Old 01-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Silver Member

The silence is deafining from "ScreenWriter" concerning how the shooter will be portrayed.
Good call!
[Reaching for wallet] You wouldn't happen to be a betting man would you?
Impossible means not done YET!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Silver Member

Gee, I wonder if he/she would consider my opinion? Best long range snipers I know of are elected minority democrats. They may be wrong, but they're never in doubt.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Bronze Member

Well I guess it was a left winger and not a very smart one at that!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Easy does it guys.

I sent a prominent gunsmith on the west coast an email on the 10th of this month and just got my reply today. That is 13 days ago. Maybe he is becoming a "winger". I'll bet he was just real busy.

This playwrite asks one guestion 5 days ago and without giving one reply to the answers is already becoming a faceless enemy.

Bad manners guys. Where is the "sniper like patience" and willingness to educate that THIS forum should be dripping with?

Has anyone even tried to use the email address that was on the original post?

And if this person was going to portray guns in a bad light then why would they bother to ask questions of profesionals.

Why would they say they were a screen writer?

Unless I was an idiot I would start asking my sneaky questions buy saying something like " Hi, I'm sorta new to long range shooting. What kind of guns do you use and what kind of ranges are you shooting at?"

Please, let me know if I'm wrong. Did anyone get a private email that let them know that our screenwriter friend was planning a full legnth movie about how we fire 60 rounds at 2000 yard prarie dogs before actually killing them? If thats the case I'll edit my post.

End of rant.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member

4ked Horn

There are so many personalities and experience models that when we have a group of 2,000 guys we get some of every type, and we need some of every type. Like you, I have no problem with the screenplaywriter asking questions... information is free and I try to give factual and accurate info. BUT the other good thing about having a group of folks is that we can use the group to hold each other in check... I'm more the "science type" experimenter and readily share information (too much some times [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]) with nearly everyone... folks like me will "give away the farm" so to speak and I need someone to rein me in every once in a while.

Although I agree more with your assessment of the original post I can see how a person could use the requested info for less than flattering results but no matter how the info I used I'd prefer it be factual.. I can also see the other side, that of the more cautious folks now that they have posted and tried (either intentionally or un-intentionally) to rein us "give away the farm" types. If the folks on this board were a company we'd have had a meeting and created a more cautious initial series of replies after we had these very some items Post and concerns) brought up by the various "departments". (We're just having our department head meeting after the fact as I see it now.)