Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

This site is slow!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Bronze Member

This site is slow!

Is there a setting on my pc I need to change or something? The pages on this site load so slow anymore. I didn't use to have this issue. I have a patience problem and get discouraged. Does everyone else experience this?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Platinum Member

Re: This site is slow!

6mm,
I experience the same thing. Very slow to bring up the pages, and at times it locks up and never does come on screen. There are many times when it takes so long, I just give up and go over to Snipershide or somewhere else. I do not experience this with anyother website I visit. Could it be related to all the adds on this site ? This used to be my favorite site, but has gotten more difficult to visit here. I had my hard drive cleaned up about a month ago,so I don't think it is on my end, but the problem has been going on for longer than just the last month.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Gold Member

You might look into these...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...joy-lrh-45400/

Firefox browser is much faster than Internet Explorer...
Old 08-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

If youíre running Firefox or Google Chrome they will hang at times when loading pages on LRH. If you stop the page from loading and then click reload it will generally load correctly and quickly. It seems that loading the advertisements are the problem. In Google at the bottom when loading a page it will state what the browser is waiting on and itís usually one of the advertisements. If this does not help then I would suggest optimizing your computer.

I have no experience with Internet Explorer.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 08-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

Check your CPU usage in your system tools. Alot of software now a days has the ability to look for updates and when checking it slows your bus speeds down. The more applications running(you might not even know they are) the slower it will be. I asked my brother(masters software engineer) about mine being slow and locking up and he rec. disk cleanup, defrag. and run your antivirus often. Nine times out of ten he told me it is something on your internet providers end.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member

If you're using Firefox try this extension. It'll let you keep an eye on performance, page load speed etc. and you can quickly tell when and if things change.

"Extended Statusbar". You can get it here--> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1433
Old 08-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

I have same prob. I guess as in any good website, the ads load completely FIRST. ROFL

NRA Life Member