Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Show Your Pride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Bronze Member

Show Your Pride

On may 29th we are trying to get as many people as we can to wear any clothing with an american flag on it. To show you are tired of people EDIT with your rights and you wont take them spitting on your flag.

What Is Your Major Malfunction Numb Nuts.

Last edited by Len Backus; 05-07-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Show Your Pride

Lead_Farmer, you may want to edit the F word out of your post, Profanity is against forum rules in this forum and most if not all the folks here on LRH won't appreciate it. Thank you. I certainly will were my flag.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Lead_Farmer, you may want to edit the F word out of your post, Profanity is against forum rules in this forum and most if not all the folks here on LRH won't appreciate it. Thank you. I certainly will were my flag.
+1 with Chas1, and you bet I will wear a shirt with our flag on it.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Silver Member

I am sorry,but wearing clothing depicting the U.S. Flag is disrepctful. Try looking up the proticals for our Flag. You are not to wear any semblence of the flag period.
The only U.S. Flags should be the ones flown proudly.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Bronze Member

I will edit the F word out but i understand your worry but my intent is not to disrespect it but to show respect.

What Is Your Major Malfunction Numb Nuts.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Platinum Member

padd54, I don't think anyone's talking about taking an actual flag and wrapping it around themselves as an actual garment...if that's what your refering to, are you?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Silver Member

This is from "United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag".
The image of OUR Flag should never be affixed to anything temporary, such as clothing.
If you want to show your pride, walk around with a small Flag and hand handout copies of our Constitution.

8. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
  1. The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
  2. The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
  3. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
  4. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
  5. The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
  6. The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
  7. The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
  8. The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
  9. The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
  10. No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
  11. The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning

Last edited by padd54; 05-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.