Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

shooting platform

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

shooting platform

Ok. I kinda want to know what you guy's are doing. I know one guy that only shoots off a back pack. he said something about bipods. any ways I got the hint that he would never shoot off a bipod. This guy is a definative long ranger. I wont mention a name but I know that shawn knows him and maybe some more people. Then some of you guys shoot off a bipod and rear bag. what advantages/ disadvantages of each. any tips. what are you guys using.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Gold Member

Re: shooting platform

For hunting style shooting i use a Bi-Pod and a shot bag filled with styrofoam beads, very light and works for most situations, you can clip the bag to your belt or back pack. Bench shooting i have plain shot bags with river sand.

Dave

"Let the good times roll"
Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: shooting platform

For the front end I use shooting sticks of own design for the carry gun and bipod for the dedicated LR gun.

I keep dinkin' around with different things for the back end but always return to the beanie baby bead bag. But it is a little heavy but has to be tall as I don't use the benchrest length bipod. (Too much sage brush, etc + neck uncomfortability)