Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Shooting a modified M-16 in full auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Silver Member

Shooting a modified M-16 in full auto

Finally, for the first time, I was able to fire a modified M-16 in full auto. My brother smithed the rifle. He modified the bolt to slow the cyclic rate for better control of the rifle when in full auto. The M-16 almost sounds like an AK-47. I have to travel 7295 miles just to do this:

YouTube - shooting Leo's AR
Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member

was this weaon a select fire preban gun to start? you have to be very carefull with the legal issues when playing with full auto toys.

when we converted our m-16 A2's from the origional 20" barrels to a 14.5" upper it cranked the cycled rate up to an amazing rate making the gun out of controle to shoot , after adding a "pigtail" gas tube and a weighted buffer it slowed them down to around 500 RPM. I personaly like a semi auto gun alot better , the full auto shine wears off fast wehn you have to load mags so much more often not mention the cost of ammo these days.

very cool vido though
Old 09-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Silver Member

That's okay James, the long arm of the ATF can't touch this one. Philippines is out of their jurisdiction. Just got back from the PI visiting my brother's gunsmithing shop. Took several photo's and videos of his work.

Here's one...a Para-STI hybrid. The Para Ordinance frame was modified to accept an STI slide. The beaver tail safety, trigger, fiber optic front sight, Elliason rear sight and the exotic wood grip are all handmade.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Gold Member

Double tap...

LRH member #23

Last edited by CatShooter; 09-02-2007 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Fox View Post
That's okay James, the long arm of the ATF can't touch this one. Philippines is out of their jurisdiction.
Just wait a few years, they're workin' on it. ;)

LRH member #23
Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatShooter View Post
once we are all under the umbrella of the U N. i fear what could happen in 08
Old 09-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatShooter View Post
At least the 2nd Amendment is alive and well there; courtesy of their corrupt bureaucracy. Just look at this Glock Model 24 that my brother is converting into a machine pistol. We can only dream of owning one of these here.

My brother make and install this piece into the Glock slide and convert it into a fire breathing dragon.

Here it is in white

Here's what it look like after anodizing

Finished product ready to rock in roll