Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Shipping muzzle brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Gold Member

Shipping muzzle brake

Anyone know if its legal to ship a muzzle brake from the states to Canada?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

well in my oppinion a muzzel brake is just a piece of machined steel untill its installed on a gun.

I would ship it as a machine part.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member

Why would anyone be interested in a brake adapter fitting?

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot you are a known terrorist and all your mail is opened.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Platinum Member

I tried to mail a rifle barrel blank a little bit ago and when the guy at the counter ask the value and so on then asked the contents I said "rifle barrel" you would have thought I said stinger missle he freeked out and proceded to tell me the laws and all the BS about shipping fire arms , I just left went to the other post office same process when they asked the contents , I said machined steel , no further question fuss nothing.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jones View Post
I tried to mail a rifle barrel blank a little bit ago and when the guy at the counter ask the value and so on then asked the contents I said "rifle barrel" you would have thought I said stinger missle he freeked out and proceded to tell me the laws and all the BS about shipping fire arms , I just left went to the other post office same process when they asked the contents , I said machined steel , no further question fuss nothing.
I have a friend who bought a barrel off of a guy in the States. He put "stainless pipe" on the customs form. Came through no problem.

It really shouldn't be so difficult.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member

I would not use the USPS for that they are very picky about what can be shipped. Just an FYI not meant to offend any carriers out there.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Gold Member

Policies for USPS and UPS and FED X

All three ship firearms. All three ship firearms parts. Long guns can go ground, hand guns go two day. that's a carrier policy, not a BATF. (FED X and UPS both do this if I recall correctly)

If you get static at the counter, get the manager. If you still get static, get his/her manager. The only way these clowns will ever get the message is by making them stick to policies. This isn't a privilege, it's a constitutional right. . .

Now, of course we know that we must be good little minions and only ship whole guns/receivers to those who have FFL's. Gun parts other than serialized receivers are just machined bits of metal and are of no concern to anyone.

As for Canada. I don't know your laws bud, sorry. Seems to me though that I've shipped and received stuff from there without any drama.