Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Second day of spring in Nebraska, lets go shooting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Gold Member

Second day of spring in Nebraska, lets go shooting!

Well i had planned on doing some fireforming and load development last weekend here in Nebraska. I had just about everything ready, the bench was set up, new target board, got my new bags filled, hmmmmmm weather man said, partly cloudy, with a slight chance of snow in the afternoon, less than one inch expected. Ok, so i get up and there is about 2" on the ground, still thats ok...by afternoon its snowing so hard i cant find my truck! I unload everything, put it all away. This is the pic the next morning, part of my car is still visible. So now its thurday and still i cant get to the range, 5 foot drifts everywhere, oh and ya, 21" fell.

This is my Male Akita, car alarm, door bell, UPS man terrorizer. His name is "Taugie" 140 pounds of fun.

"Let the good times roll"
Old 03-23-2006, 01:31 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Second day of spring in Nebraska, lets go shooting!

Nice looking pup!!

Here in Oklahoma we had about 2-3" of snow fall last night, believe it or not that is pretty impressive for Oklahoma. I saw a scene similiar to your photo this morining, only less snow and my wifes pomeranian only wieghs about 3lbs, she will still chase the hell out of a mailman though!!!!

Little rat looks hilarious now, my wife said we needed to have here groomed for spring so me being the cheapskate said I would groom her. Took the clippers to her and she looks like some sort of in-bred cat now!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wife wasnt to happy but hair grows back, dog actually seems to like it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

take it easy
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Silver Member

The snow just melted here in Indy, but the ranges are so muddy from the 4+ inches of rain we had last two weeks I still can't get out. I've got an entire table covered with ladder loads and more loaner rifles than I can fit in my safe. The big pdog hunt is 2 and a half months away and closing fast. 6000 rounds of empty brass in 6.5-284, 338LM, 22-250, 223 and 308 await the proper ladder results in their new or rechambered rifles. I feel your pain.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Well Hmmmmmm,

We've had at least 5 separate springs. All of them between about 2 and 4 PM between days of snow. Today we experienced at least 3 hours of spring after lunch. Temp will be in the mid to low teens in the morning.

I'm certainly getting tired of this.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Gold Member

Ah shucks, a little cold with some rain here.