Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Scardee cats crack me up....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Silver Member

Re: Scardee cats crack me up....

not worth my time

"Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

Last edited by Silverback7; 08-22-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Gold Member

I think he said he only hunted in 5 of the lower 48 states. As for the big cannons needed for game Eleanor O'Connor killed a lot of animals with the little old 7X57 and Eskimos kill some of the biggest animals on earth with little .223's. All I'm saying is some common sense when dealing with dangerous animals and a properly aimed bullet of reasonable construction and power should be sufficient for most any animal on earth.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:32 PM

Oh come on guys.... This post wasnt to ruffle feathers. Someone did mention my age though. Bravo. I did mention in the post a couple times, about being aware of not being the greatest and listening to elders. In some sense I guess I'm just trying to shed light on a topic that is asinine to me. As far as me being mentally myopic, please. Thinking five minutes, days, and weeks ahead is something that is you tend to focus on to get yourself out of the academy. Don't take me as someone who isn't humbled. There's nothing like being busted by another sniper after you've done EVERYTHING you've been trained to do. The main thing I remembered was to do everything better. The point I really wanted to make was DO NOT FEAR any creature. Respect is a better word for it. I've seen the most hardened men break down and do stupid **** over fear. Fear is what we in the business refer to as terror. Knowing your prey, enemy, target, is essential to conquering that fear. Thinking or staying 5 steps ahead of them is where we win. With large game, there should be no surprises. When you're walking along a game trail after dangerous game, your mind shouldn't be anywhere but thinking what you're gonna do when it presents itself. I had an instructor who told me after it was over: "Jacob, we were beating the weak stupidity out of you". It takes a while to sink in, but he was right. The ability to think should trump your weapons ability and your fear. After a while, hunting any creature is just a matter of steps. The reward is knowing you did it right. Not the rack.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member

When, or if you cross paths with the wrong critter, all that crap is gonna go down the drain. Yup, I'm one of the old guys that probably been around too long.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Silver Member

After reading this one just going for post count LOL
Old 08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Gold Member

I just read that entire story and I actually feel dumber now.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:55 PM

OK. Now's time for me to be serious. I wrote this for simple explanation. It was a light-hearted jabber. For lack of in depth responses, including ignorant remarks will I simply leave it alone. I did not mean to offend anyone, but as usual with anything posted in view of the public, there will be negative remarks. The post about my levity as crap that will go out the door with the right critter is the one that made me smile. So silly and untrue. What's great about these forums is you never know who is experienced in the real world and who just doesn't know anything. As far as my personal thoughts go. I believe that age really doesn't mean ****. Generally someone who has experienced more is usually older. It does not mean they are more intelligent. I've already forgotten more about hunting, life, and shooting, than a lot of boneheads will ever know. My experiences are what allows me to have the opinions that I do. With that ill say good day.